Taj

Jalal stared at the picturesque dome of marble that reflected the sun rays falling on it. The sky had just cleared up after a spell of rain and the water droplets shone in the sun's rays. The friends had all come to the Taj Mahal for the pre-wedding photoshoot.

Despite Ajabdeh's opinion, Jalal had managed to insist Rukaiya on the photo shoot of her dreams by the Wedding Squad, their planner. There she was standing in the distance laughing over something Shakti had said. Her smile... She was the happiest bride in the world. He, the luckiest groom.

He smiled as he remembered Ruqaiya's face as Ajabdeh spoke. Could he believe that he was about to marry the woman who had taught him to love again? With Ruqqaiya everything was completely different compared to when he was with Salima. He couldn't help thinking that every time in every situation Ruqaiya proved to him that the world had better people than Salima. He was so lost in thoughts that he didn't hear his friend walk up to him.

"So you're lost in thoughts of your bride it seems" Pratap teased him patting his shoulder gently as Jalal shook his head and confessed

"No. I was thinking about Salima" Pratap's eyes narrowed at the mention of the girl who had hurt his friend badly but Jalal smiled reading his thoughts.

"She was my first love" he stared at the Taj Mahal in the distance. "I thought she was it...the One, my forever but she wasn't! Instead, she turned out to be my best lesson. She taught me that not all first loves are great and perfect rather some are downright messy and selfish. With her, I tried so hard to make sure she was happy but you know Kika..." he looked at Pratap with a smile as he frowned some more. "I'm thankful to her. "

"Thankful?" Kunwar Pratap suddenly seemed irked "That girl..."

"...Because if there wasn't Salima in my life I would have never learned to respect Ruqaiya." Jalal's words silenced him as both of them stared at the majestic monument. "Ruqaiya is everything Salima wasn't and with her, I don't even have to try so hard. It's like with Ruqs everything is so simple. Sometimes we need to be thankful for second chances, don't you think?"

Pratap nodded his head as their gaze, like a reflex, moved towards the girls who were with the photographer. They were all dressed in pastel shades with elegant makeup and very light jewellery. From the looks of it, they were in some deep discussion that was being led by none other than Ajabdeh Punwar. Pratap frowned at the way Ajabdeh

animatedly moved her head and hands. He took a deep breath and shook his head doubtfully.

"Something's going to happen," he told his friend who smiled. "I know," Jalal told him "my pre-wedding photoshoot"

"Jalal!!!!" Ruqqaiya's voice was loud and nearly hysterical as she came running to her would-be husband "I want to go from here"

"But the photoshoot?" Jalal asked, utterly confused only to be pulled by his collar.

"Jalaluddin Mohammed Akbar, if you intend on having this nikah then we go from here do you understand? Photoshoot hotel mein ho jaayega ya ghar pe I don't care. I don't want labourers ka bad wish on for my wedding"

"Wait... what?" Pratap spoke as he looked at the scared face of the girl who then pointed at none other than his fiancee.

"She said so..." Ruqaiya recalled the conversation!

"I don't understand why people want to have their wedding shoots here, Ruqaiya." Ajabdeh shrugged. "I mean the Taj Mahal... of all places in the world" she told her friend who had woken up way too early for her liking and now they were out in the open waiting for the perfect time to get the pictures clicked.