~twelve~

y/n pov:

i let ric walk inside and sit on the couch in the living room. everything is set up from blunts and snacks to blankets and pillows. "n/n this is dope as hell! this the shit we used to do as kids" ric says happily. The euphoria radiating from him. He seems...at peace. The wide smile on his face told me all i needed to know. "i know bub . i decided we could revisit our childhood ." I say as i walk over to ric and sit next to him on the couch. He grasps one of the pre-rolled blunts and sparks it up with the lighter. His eyes closed as he sparked and puffed on the fat blunt.

"i know you dont wanna unpack it but...whats going on ric? dom don't notice but i do . You been hiding in yo crib for the longest . Wassup?" He sighs heavily, seeming as if he didn't want to even talk abt whats going on in his mental health. rodrick has always been a very mental person . He went through a really bad depression when he was sixten. After that he went through really frequent slumps and funks. "Butterfly...i honestly dont know...i mean dom makes me so happy of course and i do plan on asking her soon but...what if it fuck it up? What if my mental health fucks up my relationship? im starting to isolate again. i didn't bother telling dom bc it would worry her but i didn't mind if you found out. i just think its another slump, this time worse than others" Rodrick explains with a numb look on his face.

He passes me the blunt and i puff on it for a while then set in down in the ashtray. I pull rodrick down to lay his head in my lap and i start to mess with his dreads. "i understand ric. you know i love you right? im here for you. We can do things like this every time youre in a funk. We dont have to tell dom but the thing is you can't hide this from her . she wants to know the real you . She always does...just open your heart to her and i promise she wont push you away. I've known her for 15 years nigga . she wont push you away as long as you be honest with ha"

I explain as i massage his scalp. My eyes soften and i smile softly at ric . he always had my back and trust and believe i always had his . Ric and dom were a perfect couple . they understood eachother, they leaned on each other , and they were like best friends . Ric was inlove with her and he genuinely wanted a relationship . but he had trauma . cheating ex's , manipulating ex's ,gaslighting, the whole nine yards . this was his first ever healthy relationship. but something was weighing him down and i'll be damn if i dont hear what it is . ric was now
smiling and eating smothered potatoes . "Oooouuuu butterfly we should watch everybody hates chris . Ma and pops used to make us watch that to shut up and on me that shit always worked." Ric chuckled with a bright expression on his face . I agreed and turned on EHC (everybody hates chris).

"this shit dope as hell butterfly . Thank you so much." Ric said . I smiled at him as he laid his head down in my lap and got comfy . I felt at peace in this moment and i guaranteed he did too.

3 Hours later

i open my eyes slowly and i look around to see whats happening. My eyes avert upwards and i see ric holding me and still watching tv. "how long was i sleep?" "like three hours ." "awwww shiiiit . i slept great" ric laughs a bit and sits me up . "i bet you did butterfly." Rodrick stretched and got up to go to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and got out an arizona tea , and walked back to the couch . Turning to me , he opened the tea and waited for me to talk. "we should go to the secret spot." With those words , rics face lit up with happiness. "yes i havent been there in forever . And the sun is setting so its gonna look so pretty. lets gooooooooooooooo"
Ric jumped off the couch and ran outside like a little ass kid . I laughed to myself and ran with him to my car with my keys in hand. I jump in the car and start driving to the secret spot while playing "Appletree by Erykah Badu" . I played erykah badu the entire time we drove and ric sang to each and every song . "I miss the days when ma would blast erykah badu , jill scott , and lauryn hill throughout the house .
she prolly still do . We should visit her soon." I nod my head to his suggestion . "I agree , we gotta go see moms and nem real soon . i miss
daddy so much." My mind fills with sweet memories of me and all my siblings im our childhood . I smile to myself as i reminisce on the lovable moments i had in my childhood .

We arrive at the secret spot and ric jumps out the car and runs towards the area .

the secret spot

the secret spot

I walked alongside ric as he trotted his way to the water . soon I lost sight of him . When i reached the area of water and lush green trees , i noticed rics expression. Its like he was lost in the moment . He was so peaceful that he probably didnt know what to do . I started to see tears spill from his eyes and i rush to his side. My hand wipes his tears slowly. "I feel...happy for once. at peace...thank you butterfly" . A smile crept upon my face and i hugged him tightly. Rics arms embraced me back as i rubbed his back. "I love you butterfly" Ric says lowly. "I love you too big brother" i reply. "now go have fun . you deserve it man." With those words , ric took off his shirt and pants and canonballed himself into the water . i laughed to myself and i sat on a stone to meditate and get my mind straight . not that it was frazzled or anything but to keep myself sane and on the right track . Lord knows how i'll start feeling later .

A few hours later

"And then the bitch had the audacity to try and spin back . I told her hell no . Never again after that trauma . Cheating on me then asking me for a second chance on my BIRTHDAY? yea hell no." I exclaim . Rics jaw drops and he laughs . i was explaining to him one of my toxic exs he thought was cool . Ric was laying beside me on the stone i meditated on looking outside at the stars . It had gotten dark in the past couple hours so it was all moon and stars and constellations. "We should get home. I got work tomorrow . and you got classes." "yea youre right . come on lets go." I stood to my feet and walked to my car. As i got in i waited for ric to get in and drove home playing some bryson tiller . When we got home i pulled up in the driveway and saw a truck i havent ever seen before . And it wasnt my boyfriends car . or my best friend . When i got closer to the house i saw that my windows were open and my door was wide open . "now somebody gotta die" ric stated as he got the glock from under the seat . Now what stupid bitch decided to break into my damn house . somebody start planning funerals .

hiiiiii . i know i been gone school KICKED MY ASS . i hope yall like thissss . lmk sum . rmb to eat and drink water i love you ! ...xoxo niya 🩷