bonus chapter 01

Nobody could've prepared Milan for the loneliness she felt as she was being prepped and poised to walk down the aisle.

Here she was, in a beautiful villa in the middle of the Maldives, surrounded by all of her closest friends and a few distant cousins... and she was lonely.

She was deeply and irrevocably in love with man who waited just outside on the beach for her. She knew he was even more devoted to her and the thought still made her knees weak in the best way.

However, right now, all she wanted was her mom. All she wanted was her dad to appear and tell her she looked like a princess...

...and even after all that happened, Milan wished the most that Devon was here to give her away if she couldn't have her parents.

But today, she could not have any of them.

"C'mon cheer up, baby." Daya came from behind her as the makeup artists was applying another coat of gloss on Milan's already shining lips. Daya looked amazing in the deep red wine color her bridesmaid's dress was. Milan allowed the ladies to alter any dress to their liking as long as it was deep red and didn't clash with her elegant theme.

Daya opted for a satin evening gown that had a high split up her thigh. She looked as sinful as her mouth when someone bumps into her in the club. The high 90s style updo that left curly honey blonde tendrils framing her face was definitely giving her a hispanic Faith Evans vibe.

Every one of a Ramses's groomsmen had taken note of how fine Daya looked too.

But right now, Daya was focused on the very glum looking Milan.

"Ramses loves you to death and so does everyone out there, my love. You can do this." The friend continued to console the bride. Milan softly nodded her head, the 30 inches of glamorous curls she had in moved with her which caused both of them to crack a smile.

"Girl, and you know you fine as fuck." Daya had to say what they both were thinking aloud.

This caused both of them to burst into a fit of girlish giggles and they stepped back to look at themselves in the floor length mirror they were in front of. Milan had to admit she was just as fine as Daya enthused.

She was five foot seven inches of shea buttered down glistening brown skin. Milan also didn't do a stark white dress, it ventured on the cream side. Her arms were covered in beautifully intricate lace patterns that delved into a silken bodice. Her waist was snatched and the skirt of her dress fit her like a glove. Milan was ethereal.

Paired with her absolutely scalped frontal and her bullet proof makeup beat. There was no way in hell her mother would want her ruining her makeup and wasting her money. Squeezing Daya's hand, Milan pulled her best friend in for a much needed hug.

"Thank you, for everything, my love." Milan whispered, her voice thick with unshed tears. She hear Daya sniffle as well before they pulled away. Daya was vehemently shaking her head and forcefully put the bouquet of pearl bedazzled red roses back into Milan's hands.

"You know I got you." Daya mannishly replied.

Then with a shared nod and few last looks at themselves and squeals... Daya and Milan considered themselves ready to walk down the aisle.

They both left the room they were holed up in to get dressed and went out to the lobby of the villa where the bridal party was lining up. As they were walking towards the space, Milan's stomach began to bubble as she heard the loud murmuring of the room. It was bustling with excitement and Milan already felt like she couldn't breathe.

She had no clue Ramses had such a big family. Out of her bridesmaids alone, five were his cousins.

But, just as Miss Yvonne did, the whole family loved her at first sight.