trente-deux

When Milan exited the bathroom, she noticed that the club was finally gaining parishoners. 

A few seconds too late.

Milan griped, as she worked her jaw from the punch of her sneak attack. She was in disbelief Tatiana had sent a girl to try to beat her up. A girl who thought she was her own brother's side piece at that.

Now that was sick even for Tati.

Luckily, Milan never was one that was afraid of a fight. Especially growing up going to Chicago's Public Schools. 

Going back into the dancer's locker room, Milan was met with a few gasps from the women inside.

"It's swelling up ain't it?" Milan asked the room of dancers.

"Yeah..." The room answered back, some just silently nodding with pitiful looks.

Smacking her lips, Milan walked over to one of the mirrors in the room and looked at herself. Her cheek was definitely puffing up. So much so, it made her left lash look wonky. She couldn't hide the fact that she was pissed. 

"You need us to go hit a hoe, Mi?" Remy, one of the dancers, offered her as she continued putting on her face in the mirror beside her. Milan tried to give the woman a smile, but it hurt too much to do so.

"Naw, y'all good. I got her way better than she got me." Milan replied.

And she honestly knew she won, but with the way her cheek was throbbing she wished she shattered the girl's ankle while she was stepping on it. 

With the swelling in her face and the raging attitude she had because she was in pain, Milan knew it was best that she'd just call off for the night. Nobody wanted to buy a bottle from a busted bottle girl.

Milan left the dancers's dressing room and went out into the main part of the club to look for her manager, Carina. 

Of course she ran into Daya first.

"Daaamn, bitch! What the fuck happened?!" 

Her friend reacted strongly, her hands full of two plates of hot wings. 

"We finna be twins if you'n leave me alone." Milan narrowed her eyes at Daya. 

There was silence between the two women for a couple of beats. Then they both bursted out laughing. 

Daya rolled her eyes, "Baby, you could never!  I'm from ova' east side where them real hitters be!" 

Then Daya playfully bumped her with her hip before continuing to walk over to her waiting table. As soon as Milan looked away from Daya and back towards the front of her, she spotted her manager at the bar.

She walked up to her, but of course Carina turned to face her before Milan had the chance to warn her of her appearance. Immediately she shrunk back, a deep grimace on her face as she appraised Milan's appearance. 

"...that's what I was coming over here to talk to you about..." Milan trailed, not even having to say much by how disgusted Carina looked. She was dressed as a fantasy football player, so seeing her frown through the little helmet she had on spoke volumes about her displeasure. 

Immediately Carina nodded and waved her off, "Yes. Please, go home and take care of that!" She let Milan off the hook for the night without a second thought. 

Alright, not too much...

Milan wanted to roll her eyes at the woman, but she decided to hold herself back and leave like she wanted to anyway.