deux.

Paramedics rushed into Reign, a gurney being hoisted up onto their shoulders and briskly carried to Ramses's side. 

A male paramedic came up to Milan slowly and assessed the state of Ramses's body with squinted eyes.

"You seem to have a pretty good hold on that bleed. You think you can stay there?" He asked, gesturing for the men with the gurney to come closer to the scene.

Milan gave him a funny look, "What do you mean? He's fucking bleeding, I can't let go!" She exasperated, looking back over to how Ramses's face was paling. She was terrified.

"Great." Was the man's simple reply.

The paramedic was unfazed by her attitude, he even seemed a bit amused by her. The team of professionals began to carefully place Rameses onto the gurney, and to her surprise, they managed to move him and her onto the gurney.

Next, they were up in the air and Milan saw just how much damage had come over her beloved work place. The stampede left the paramedics to carry them over overturned tables, seemingly billions of crushed glass bottles, and bullet shrapnel.

They sure knew how to party on the Southside.

Milan grouched in her head as the humidity of outside hit her and more glass littered the parking lot the ambulance was waiting in. "Watch your head!" One of the medics called up to her as they smoothly slid the gurney inside the ambulance, Milan's forehead just being missed by the roof of the huge truck.

"How old is he? What's his name? What's his blood type? Does he have any more wounds?" The same health professional rattled off to her, a note board in his hands.

Milan's head was spinning at the speed of the questions and she found herself laughing a little out of the sheer stress of the situation. "I-I don't know all of these answers! I barely know him!" She stressed, keeping her eyes on his bleeding chest. She could barely see her fingernails, they were covered in blood.

"Ma'am please stay calm. We need to alert the hospital that's waiting on him. Take a deep breath. What's his name?" The paramedic tried to bring Milan's mind back to the surface of the situation. She welcomed the deep breath he offered to take with her and willed herself to look over to the short South Asian man in a dark blue scrubs.

"His name is-is Ramses Young. He's twenty five. I don't know his blood type, but can you please make sure he doesn't die?" Milan found herself desperately begging the quickly writing man. He looked up at her with a grim expression then his eyes flitted over Ramses's stone still body before making contact with her's again.

"We're going to do everything we can, ma'am."

Taking another sobering deep breath, Milan pressed down a little harder on Ramses's chest wound. His breathing was growing evermore shallow. Shaking her head, all she could do was hope and pray that their best was enough to save his life.

***

When they got to the hospital, Milan was quickly escorted off the gurney and a nurse hopped up onto the rolling gurney Rameses was on, applying the pressure she was.

She mindlessly followed Ramses's body until a woman stopped her from following the attendants into a ER room. Milan barely noticed, looking every way around the woman trying to keep a glimpse of him.

It wasn't until the nurse took her wrist and overturned her palm did she look down at her mud colored palms. Ramses's blood had dried and caked onto her skin and nails. She was lightly shaking as well.

"Let's get you cleaned up, huh?" The brunette nurse offered as a consolation. Milan just nodded, she couldn't find her voice while her teeth were chattering. She wasn't even cold for God's sake. The nurse smiled at her, "Adrenaline let down. You'll be fine, I promise."