neuf.

The next couple of the days went smoothly. The kiss between Ramses and Milan in the living room did linger in the air every time they met by chance in the kitchen or made it home one after the other.

Other than those special chances, the two were like two ships passing in the night. Ramses was very much like Devon when it came to early mornings and late nights in the street and Milan was definitely still a working woman.

Today it was a "Thirsty Thursday" at Reign, meaning drinks were half off and so were the lap dances. There was no theme though, so as Milan got ready for work she chose to wear faux matte black leather pants and a sheer top that would let the black lace bralette that she was wearing show. For shoes, she chose thigh high Rick Owens boots.

Her go to accessory color was silver. She adored the way it brightened her skin. Milan took her time putting on a chunky link chain Tiffany necklace. She was feeling ginger as well, long gone was her 40 inch black buss down wig. She'd traded it for a slinky 22 inch bronzed blonde. The contrast the reddish blonde had with her deep brown skin was something she'd never get tired of.

As she was giving herself a once over in her floor length mirror, there was a knock at the front door of Ramses's house. She knew he wasn't home and wouldn't be back until late, so she walked up to the small window on the door and peeked out of it.

Standing on the front door was the same frontman for Christanto that stood guard when he came to see her at the club. Immediately her body began to tremble. They were deep in Blood Lord territory, they shouldn't have even felt good enough to pull up.

But then again, that's why Alex and not Chrisanto was standing on the porch.

Slowly opening the door to where only the screen door was between Milan and Alex, she nodded at him. Alex returned the nod, "'Santo wants to speak to you. He's at the back of the house, in the alleyway in a black truck..."

"What do y'all want with me? I'm not apart of anybody's gang. I promise." Milan begrudgingly asked, she felt like she could throw up at any second. Alex took no pity on her, his look stayed the same; unmoved.

"Chrisanto is waiting. It's best for you to not anger him." Alex warned and Milan just groaned loudly and slammed the door in his face. Silently, she was praying Ramses came home and blew the whole house up, but of course he'd be nowhere to be found.

Begrudgingly, she closed the front door and made her way to the back of the house where it met the backyard. She passed the garage and there she saw the truck Alex was referring to and walked up to it. The doors immediately unlocked.

When she slid into the backseat, there was only Chrisanto, his hair was gelled back smoothly and he was slowly pulling from the thick cigar he had to his lips. He acknowledged her presence with a nod and she returned it, while rubbing her clammy hands on the cool leather of her pants.

She then placed her hand back on the door handle, making sure that she could jump out at any time if she needed to.

"I see you work fast. I was not expecting you to be living with him so quickly. What's your secret?" Chrisanto rakishly joked with her and Milan did not crack a smile.

Pushing her shoulders back, she turned to face him.

"What do you want with me, 'Santo? I'm really not trying to be apart of your business. No offense."

Chrisanto smirked, blowing smoke out of his mouth and also turning to face her. The dim lighting of the car only making him look more intimidating.

"Ah dulce, you've been in my business since your brother came to me. You two were a package deal, no?"