Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Martina

2 Months Later, August 2019

Dublin

"Did the florist show up for the centerpieces yet?" Vivian Chang asks from where she stands in front of the full-length mirror, looking absolutely stunning in her white bridal gown.

"Yes, Vivian," Nessa sighs, sounding exasperated.

"Are you sure?" Viv asks. "Did you check?"

"I did," my sister says from beside me where she sways her infant boy, Dean, in her arms. "They're all set."

"And the sparklers? Did Sean handle that?" Viv asks, worrying her bottom lip.

"They're all settled, I promise," Iris grins, straightening out her sage green bridesmaids dress.

Caitlin gives me a look as she passes me a mimosa.

"Girl, this is your day. Chill!" Gwen hollers.

Viv takes a deep breath.

Kate Callahan steps behind Viv, smiling knowingly, as she helps straighten out her wedding veil.

"I feel like I should've gone with the red lipstick!" Viv cries, throwing her hands up in the air.

I bite back a grin before taking a sip of my mimosa.

Caitlin and I exchange knowing looks.

"Too much maintenance. As you said. You look beautiful, darling," Kate smiles kindly at her soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

"You're right. You're right. Okay," Viv straightens and takes a deep breath.

My phone buzzes with a text from Parker. I attempt to stop grinning like an idiot but fail.

Parker: Want to take a bet on how fast it'll take your dad to punch me in the face?

I roll my eyes.

This is the first time all the families have been together since our...well, announcement, I guess.

Soon after Parker went to my father, Ronan sent Parker back to Dublin and told him not to return until things blew over.

It was more to my benefit, honestly.

Parker was able to visit me on Gilmore Island almost every week. The weeks he couldn't, I would fly to him in Dublin. We've essentially spent the entire summer together.

Viv and Cal's wedding was the first time everyone was together again in a really long time.

I knew my father was trying with Parker. Mira assured me that all was well, that today would go fine. But still. There was always that worry.

"I'm so nervous," Viv says. "Is it weird if I throw up?"

"No, just don't get it on your dress," Gwen mutters.

"No time for puking! You've got an aisle to walk down! Chop-chop!" Nessa claps her hands together.

"Chop-chop! Chop-chop!" Hazel and Luna chant with thrill as they start dancing around excitedly.