Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Martina

I can't focus on the band at all.

Rocco's large, warm presence cages me in from behind, making me feel weirdly safe and comforted. He smells really good, and he keeps leaning into my neck, telling me how pretty I look, thanking me for inviting him.

Gwen stands beside us with a few of her friends. She keeps shooting Rocco dirty looks. She's done up tonight in an all-black ensemble that makes her look absolutely wicked.

The band might be good. I have no idea.

I can't think about what they're singing or Rocco's hand on my waist, because all I keep thinking about is that absolutely filthy text from Parker.

Where does he come off?

He called me a fucking nightmare, but really he's the nightmare. He's a walking, talking nightmare. I can't believe he has the nerve to have a St. Michael tattoo. He's more like Satan himself than St. Michael the Archangel.

Asshole.

But that text.

Holy shit.

Between the text and the library, I was so worked up that nothing seemed to satisfy me until I pleasured myself in the shower. I felt sick and dirty doing it, thinking about Parker Fallon and his moody, jerkoff ass bending me over his knees, making me feel all kinds of things I shouldn't be feeling.

I won't let myself feel guilty for masturbating. It's completely and totally normal.

However...I should be thinking about handsome, nice guys like Rocco Rossi or...you know, Chris Hemsworth. Not fucking psychos like Parker Fallon.

Rocco is the perfect gentleman. He attends to me like we're already boyfriend-girlfriend. He makes sure my drink is full. He compliments me, makes me laugh, asks me questions.

Guilt gnaws at me for feeling this need to spy on him for my family – for Parker.

The asshole!

Why did he have to go and ruin things?

I was perfectly happy, mutually pretending we didn't know one another. Then he had to corner me in the library like some awful bully.

Gwen is having a good time and getting progressively drunker. By the time the show is over, she is having a difficult time standing up. Her friends basically peace out on her, leaving her in my care.

Rocco, thankfully, helps me with her. He drives us back to the dorms – the perfect gentleman. He even helps me carry her up to the dorm room. I lay Gwen in bed and make sure she has a big thing of water and aspirin when she wakes up.

Rocco waits outside in the hallway to say his goodnight.

We've hung out a few times since his party. Each time was on campus and completely innocent. This is the first time we've gotten together at night – in our free time.

I close the door softly behind me and look up, giving him a weary smile.

Rocco's whole face crinkles when he smiles. He moves closer to me, and I'm intoxicated by the smell of his cologne – so masculine and him.

He pulls me into an easy hug, like we've done it a thousand times. He starts stroking my hair and I can feel myself leaning into him, can feel myself craving the touch of his lips. When I blink up at him, he gives me a small, knowing smile.