Chapter 8 (year 2038)

PIERSON'S POV: 2038

I have nervous energy running through my veins as I prepare to deliver my first guest lecture on the history of Starlight Pack.

Rhett and Rowan have made amazing professors and these courses have really come to life this year since they have been running the material.

"Hello, I'm Pierson Greene, Alpha of Starlight," I begin while scanning the room of unfamiliar faces.

I know she's not in this lecture, I only checked the class list five times before letting it sink in that she is in her last semester of her second year of college and she has not taken one single werewolf general education course.

It is irritating.

Kaydence Evans.

How is it that you are keeping such a low profile?

KAYDENCE'S POV: 2038

"Mango smoothie, please," I request to Archie, our waiter.

"Watermelon for me," Keelie adds with a smile.

The red-headed waiter nods and then turns his attention to Adriana, who still has the menu in front of her face trying to decide.

"Okay, final decision," she dramatically pauses, "Pineapple, please," she lets out a breath while handing Archie the menu.

"Now that was stressful," she sighs while leaning back in the booth.

We stay at Oakley's Café until the sun begins to set. Adriana is out the door, but a stack of flyers on the counter catches my eye.

"Hey, did you know there are apartments above this café?" I ask no one in particular while grabbing a flyer, the headline reading, "NOW AVAILABLE ONE BEDROOM APARTMENTS."

"This would be a great location for an off-campus apartment," Keelie excitedly adds while grabbing one of the flyers.

"We should schedule a tour," I tell her.

"I can already imagine spending our remaining two years of college life as apartment neighbors," she dreams.

"Let's grab another one for Adriana," I suggest while taking another and heading out the door.

I stop dead in my tracks at what I see happening on the sidewalk outside of the café. A tall tan man has her pushed up against the side of the building.

"HEY," I shout while running up to them with Keelie on my heels.

"MINE," the man growls while ripping his gaze to me. I take a step back staring at him wide-eyed.

"A-Adriana," I stumble while looking between them.

"We grabbed you this flyer," Keelie adds awkwardly while holding it out to her.

The man's glowing eyes look down at the flyer Keelie is holding out to her. He grabs it and crumples it in his hand.

"She won't be needing that," he lowly says like he's trying to get himself under control.

"That was rude," Keelie huffs.

My throat is tightening every second we stand here, I can't be here. If ones around, the streets are probably full of them.

"We'll be going now," he replies while pushing off the wall and holding his hand out for Adriana to take.

I take a few more steps back looking between everyone in horror.

"What do you want us to do?" Keelie softly asks her.

"There's nothing you can do. It's okay, Avi lives in Starlight," she replies.

Avi, what happened to Avi? She lives in pack territory? How is that even possible?

I fall to my knees on my sidewalk gasping for breath.

"Go help Kayde," I hear Adriana's voice say.

"No, no, no, no," I mumble.

"Kayde, it's okay," Keelie tries to soothe while helping me up.

No, not again. NO.

"NO," I scream while the man lifts Adriana into his truck.

"He told her he would take her to Avi," Keels tells me.

"How could she believe him?" I panic tears streaming down my face.

"It will be okay," she replies while taking my hand and leading me back towards our dorm.

"None of this will ever be okay," I whisper.

______________________________-

Sooo..it at all started at Oakley's Café ;)

Much Love,

A.Lynn