Chapter 5 (year 2035)

EGAN'S POV: 2035

The mandatory werewolf courses are in full swing at every college in America.

I stopped by campus this morning to monitor one of the lectures myself.

We can do a lot better than what I observed this morning, but at least it's a starting point.

"I mean the guy didn't even have a PowerPoint prepared," I tell Rhett while biting into my BLT sandwich.

"If you lay the groundwork and help with a syllabus, I think Rowan and I could handle it between the two of us," Rhett replies while picking at his sour cream and onion potato chips.

"We'll get the ball rolling for sure," I agree while making a note to bring it up to Pierson in our next meeting.

KAYDENCE'S POV: 2035

"By the time Kaydence goes to University, they won't be mandatory anymore," dad says in a matter-of-fact way while I look through the various majors.

"Most kids already know what they want to major in? I mean you're only 16 baby, you don't have to know yet," my mom soothes while I highlight different courses.

"They want us to have an idea before we tour campus tomorrow," I softly reply to her without looking away from the catalog.

"All I'm saying is, it's okay to be undecided," she hovers.

"I think I'll go with the English/Literature group tomorrow," I say with finality while flipping the catalog shut.

*********************

"English/Literature group," a girl calls while holding a sign that says the same thing. She has a high ponytail and college sweatshirt on.

I stand up and join my group as we all herd together.

"Follow me this way to see the freshmen dorm rooms," she instructs while leading the way.

I find out her name is Sylvie and this is her fourth and final year of college. She lives off campus with her best friend and said this has been the best four years of her life.

I smile at the thought of Keelie and I living off campus together.

"This is our last stop of the tour; we are heading into the main building with the big lecture halls. This will be where most of your general education courses are held. The guest speaker in lecture hall 109 said we can come sit in for the last five minutes of his presentation," Sylvie explains as we come to stop in front of the closed door.

"Come in quietly and find a spot in the back row," she lowly instructs while swinging the door open.

We file in and I grab an aisle seat in the back row.

I freeze at what's on the PowerPoint in front of the room, "Mating Process."

My blood runs cold as I look around. This is a werewolf lecture.

Black curls two rows ahead of me catch my eye, Avi? I stare at the back of her head and my eyes glance over to the man next to her, it's him, the one who took her.

A cold sweat runs over me as I stand on shaky legs, images of the men who took her flash through my mind. This room is probably full of werewolves.

The man next to her turns and locks eyes with me, he then whispers something and the girl turns her head and confirms they are who I think they are. Nausea runs through me.

The man turns to the man next to him and whispers something but I spin around and run out the door before I can lock eyes with anyone else.

______________________________________

Getting closer to finding out what happens on decision day ;)

Much Love,

A.Lynn