Chapter 3 (year 2033)

KAYDENCE'S POV: 2033

"Mom, can Keelie and I celebrate New Year's Eve at her house this year?" I ask while leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen.

"What? You always celebrate here," mom insists.

"I know, but I haven't been to her house in a while and she asked if I could sleep over," I plead.

She turns to me and her eyes soften at my expression.

"I guess that will be alright. As long as you have your cell phone charged and come right home in the morning," she agrees.

"YES, thank you mom," I squeal while racing up to her wrapping my arms around her waist for a brief hug.

She pulls out of the embrace and holds my face in her hands for a moment.

"You are the most precious thing in the world to me, you know that right?" she asks.

"I know," I say while giving her a small smile.

"I love you," she reminds me.

"Love you," I reply while turning to head upstairs to pack.

'Mom said YES!' I text Keels.

'No way, jail break 2033 is in action," she replies.

'Haha'

'Get here ASAP and bring outfit choices.'

I go my closet and pack three different tank top options, a leather jacket, and my denim skirt. I pack my toiletries and two different shoe options.

I put my hair up and pull-on my sweatshirt and sweatpants.

Keelie and I are sneaking out tonight to experience a real authentic New Year's Eve.

Our friend Adriana, has a sister in high school who is throwing a party. Their parents are out of town and her sister, Aviana, told her she could invite us if she kept her mouth shut about the party.

"Mom, I'm ready," I innocently call while coming down the stairs with my duffel bag.

Dad is now in the kitchen with his arms crossed. He assesses my attire and then my duffel bag.

"Your phone is fully charged?" he asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"If your location turns off at any point, we will come pick you up immediately, is that clear?" he questions.

"Yes," I again reply.

"Have fun," he nods while exiting the kitchen.

**************************

"Have a good night, girls," Keelie's mom tells us while closing her bedroom door. She got us settled in with snacks and the channel to watch the ball drop.

"Okay as quietly as possible let's start make up," Keelie whispers while giggling.

"I'm so excited," I whisper back.

I help Keelie with her make up and she helps me with my hair. We both are wearing denim skirts and jackets.

"It's not that far of a walk, being cold is worth it to look this good," Keelie encourages as we open the window and the crisp December air sweeps in.

"I'm leaving my phone on your bed and charging," I tell her.

"Perfect, I'll have mine just in case," she tells me while hoisting her leg over the edge and jumping down to the ground.