Chapter 7 (year 2037)

KAYDENCE'S POV: 2037

I watch Keelie pack her textbooks into her backpack as I get settled at my desk.

"I can't believe you are only taking one in-person class this semester," she comments.

"My parents wanted my schedule flexible enough that I can go home at least once a month," I remind her.

Four online courses, and one in-person course on Tuesdays. Most freshmen are taking their two required werewolf courses this semester, but my parents want me to wait in hopes that they will abolish that new general education requirement.

Keelie said she would wait with me, so we can sign up for the same ones.

It will be nice to have a comfort person when I have to take those courses.

"I'll be back at 11:00 and we can go get lunch?" she asked.

"Perfect, I'll be here," I smile.

"See ya," she says while swinging her backpack over her shoulder and heading out the door of our dorm room.

I look through my courses and besides a few introductory discussion posts, by 10:00, I am done with all four of my online courses assignments that are due this week.

I stand from my desk and walk over to the small sink in our room.

I wash my face and comb through my hair. I go through my skin care routine and then add some concealer and mascara to my face.

I walk over to my closet to decide what I want to wear to lunch with Keelie.

My phone begins to ring and I answer it while looking through my shirt options.

"Hi mom," I answer.

"Happy first day of classes," she sings through the phone.

"I already have my assignments for this week done," I tell her proudly while pulling a cropped tan shirt out of my closet.

"Wow, look at you, already ahead on your first day," she replies.

"Your in-person introduction to creative writing course is tomorrow morning?" she asks, even though she has a printed copy of my courses on the fridge at home.

"Yes, no changes since you printed my schedule," I tell her while pulling a pair of loose jeans over my legs.

"What are your plans for the rest of the day?" she asks.

"Lunch with Keelie and then we have to go to the store to pick up a few things," I reply while putting the phone down to slip my shirt over my head.

"Okay, be safe," she reminds.

"We will, love you mom, bye," I dismiss then end the call.

A text from Adriana appears on my lock screen, it's a text to our group chat with Keelie.

'Happy first day! Lunch in the caf?'

'Kayde and I are going at 11:00? You free?' Keelie replies.

'My lecture ended early so I'm heading that way now. I'll save us a booth.' Adriana sends.

'I'll start walking there now,' I inform.

I slip my Nike's on, grab my purse, and walk out the door, it feels good to be out on my own.

EGAN'S POV: 2037

"What do you think?" I ask Rhett. He's going through some mock PowerPoints I made to follow the current syllabus of the werewolf course.

"They're excellent, I think you're well prepared for your meeting with the chancellor," Rhett nods in approval.

"Pierson is going to join me and he has agreed to be a guest lecturer," I add while shutting my laptop.

"Is Dave's daughter registered in any werewolf courses?" He wonders.

"I didn't see her name on any of the class lists. Knowing Dave, he told her to wait in hopes they rescind the requirement. She's a prime example of why werewolves should be the ones teaching the courses, she's probably never had a positive experience with us in her life," I sigh in frustration.

I did some digging on Kaydence Evans and she is mostly enrolled in online classes this semester.

I would never purposefully seek her out or interfere with her life, I just hope I can meet her one day or possibly guest lecture for a class she's in, show her that we aren't what her father makes us out to be.

_____________________________

Thoughts?

Much Love,

A.Lynn