Life was never worse (Cyberverse Soundwave x sparked reader)

Requested by WalkerGordon635

When it comes to love between an Autobot and Decepticon, how hard can it be to keep a secret? That is, through a war and an unexpected discovery.

——————

'He's coming... they're coming.' The dying triple changer said, lying on the ground.

'Who? The other Megatron?' Hot Rod asked.

'No,' He wheezed out, his optics flickering, 'Much... worse.'

Those were the last words Astrotrain spoke before he became one with the Allspark. Mechs gathered around his limp frame, an eerie silence descending over the area where mere moments before, everyone had been cheering at the signing of the peace treaty.

I felt my own fists clench nervously at his words, holding my servos close to my chassis, over my spark. Through our bond, I could feel my sparkmate's concern as he felt my emotions. With a quick glance over at him, our optics locked for a millisecond, all we could and needed to do. I saw his own servos twitch despite how he tried to hide it by crossing his arms. I knew he wanted nothing more than to hold me right now.

A couple of meters away, Optimus nodded to Bumblebee and Hot Rod, who returned it and spread out, finding everyone they needed to, including my sparkmate. He sent me love through our bond before following the red mech and the Prime.

Being different factions, and only recently bonded, the two of us felt it was necessary to keep our relationship a secret. Well, it was more his idea. He said he had too many enemies and didn't want to risk me getting hurt because of that so until things had calmed down and peace had been restored...

Soundwave and I were just associates. 

I stayed just by the entrance to the meeting hall, watching the Dinobots run in before I got up and walked around, looking at all the Decepticons and Autobots talking together. My servos fiddled nervously as I waited, the only information I could get as to what was happening was from Soundwave's emotions.

My helm snapped up when a whirling was heard and many looked to see the yellow shields extending across the surface, protecting it from anything that would have come from above. I gave a shaky sigh and sat down on the nearest bench.

Bringing my knees up and resting my helm on them, I wrapped my arms over my stomach and closed my optics, trying to drown out the sound of panicking mechs and instead, focused on what I was feeling under my digits.

Ratchet had discovered it not even a week ago. I'd been able to lie my way out of that situation but he definitely suspected I was bonded to someone. It'd been picked up so recently that I hadn't even gotten the chance to tell my sparkmate the news. I just refused to crack and tell anyone how until Sound gave the okay. But for now, I had to focus on myself.

Myself and our sparkling.

Hours later——————

'Hey, Y/n. You awake?' Someone tapped my helm. I blinked and looked up, smiling when I saw who was in front of me. 'Hey Bee.' I said, giving him a fist bump, 'What's up?' 'Optimus wants you to help organize the defenses around the area since you're such a good weapons expert.'

I laughed as we started walking towards the large building they were in, 'Aw, and you volunteered me? I'm flattered.' 'Actually, it was Soundwave that recommended you,' He said, making me trip slightly which he luckily didn't notice.

'I must say, you guys are quite close,' He continued, 'Many of us are wondering when something's going to happen between you two.' 'Oh well, maybe not,' I said, avoiding looking at him as we walked up the ramp.