Take to the Sky (TFP Predaking x seeker sparkling reader)

Years after Cybertrons rebirth, you were born and soon, meet a certain Predacon who takes a liking to you.

Inspired by the song "Puff the Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul & Mary whose music is my childhood :)

F/c= favorite color

S/c= second color

——————

Predaking stretched out and spread his wings, basking in the warm sun. Things had certainly improved ever since Cybertron's rebirth. The planet had started regenerating immediately, growing trees and grass that even though they looked organic, were made of fine metal.

He'd heard shortly after Optimus Prime had sacrificed himself that a multitude of refuge ships had returned and the natives of the planet had started spreading, already repopulated it.

His colony had also grown, thanks to Shockwave's help. They were now many strong, consisting of quite a few Predacons who, under his command, had built a settlement to house all of them.

Still, a king needed a break every now and then so after a bit of flying, he'd found this field that stretched out for miles. A gentle breeze rippled through the metal grass, creating a soft yet soothing sound.

He lazily closed his optics after watching the empty landscape. It was still hard to believe that just over 8 years ago, this was a barren wasteland where nothing grew. 

He huffed.

He felt lonely for some reason. Sure he had Darksteel and Skylynx but he felt he was still missing something in his spark. Something more than his fellow Predacons.

Then his optics snapped open. The sound of footsteps was heard close to his left and his helm whipped around in that direction, instinctively starting to growl.

A small yelp caught his attention and he looked down to see a little frame topple over. He shifted his body so he turned and looked down at the small figure. The tiny seeker slowly got onto its elbows, looking up at him, its optics full of curiosity.

Predaking tilted his helm slightly, staring down at the sparkling in amazement. He'd never seen one before so it intrigued him. The small bot's frame was definitely that of a seeker, with a sleek design and wings that went out and down, their tiny face framed by a unique helmet, and their color scheme consisting of (f/c) with (s/c) highlights.

He watched as they got to their pedes and carefully walked over to him.

He looked down at it in shock. No one had ever approached him this willingly before. 'Are you a predacon?' It spoke up in a quiet voice. He lowered his helm so he was at level with the child and nodded.

He felt his frame stiffen when small servos gently patted his nose, the sparkling looking at him in wonder. Predaking blinked down at it but restrained himself. He felt it would be wrong to attack something so innocent so he just waited.

'Carrier told me Predacons were bad.' They said, tracing their digits up the metal on his nose, 'But you're not that scary. I think you're cool.' 

He suddenly felt his spark warm up, a sensation that traveled through his entire body. He closed his optics and leaned into the small servos, allowing himself to purr. The sparkling began laughing at his reaction, their little wings fluttering happily.

'My name's Y/n.' They whispered, 'I live in a small settlement just over the hill there.' Predaking looked up to where they were pointing. Were there really buildings that close? He then turned his helm and brought his claw to the dirt, scratching his name in it.