Dead Silence (TFP Soundwave x deaf/mute fem reader)

You are a loyal Decepticon but a freak accident has left you partially disabled much to your hatred. Little do you know, you're not the only one.

——————

I sighed as I stared at the screen in front of me, watching the numbers and letters flash by silently as I worked with my partner, Soundwave, on the database we were given.

Before, the room would be alive with noise. The sound of the drone's footsteps, the tapping of keyboards, and the beeps from the computers, but now, that was all gone.

Replaced with the deafening sound of emptiness.

My servos gripped the table as another incorrect set flashed across the screen, adding to my frustration and making me want to scream.

Soundwave noticed this and put his servo on mine, making me look at him. I saw my face reflected in his screen one, a femme with bright e/c optics and a mouth guard stared back. I didn't need to hear him to understand.

My shoulders slumped and I nodded before turning to the keyboard and switching the computer off. I lifted my servo to him in thanks and walked out. He nodded and returned to his work.

I walked out and down the hallways, toward my berthroom, nodding at the occasional drone that walked past.

I went into my room and closed the doors behind me before walking over to my private wash racks and standing in front of the mirror Knockout had given me. My visor slid down to reveal a heavily scarred intake and neck. Not only that, but the mark spread outwards and up, toward my audio receptors.

I shivered as my digits traced the lines that ran along my face plates, remembering the pain of that day. Suddenly, the world flashed and transformed.

I ran straight out of the groundbridge and into the energon mine. Shots already echoed in front of me but I kept going. My visor told me the battle was right up ahead.

One of the recent operations had been going smoothly until the Autobots decided to raid and attack it. I'd been sent as a backup for the remaining troops that were there.

As soon as the tunnel opened into a cave in front of me, I started shooting at the Autobots that had taken cover behind the rocks. Unfortunately for them, they were right in the open for me.

The rocks exploded as my blasts hit them, forcing the opposite faction out into the open where the drones were waiting for them. 'Secure the energon!' I yelled to the closest one, 'Then we blow this place.'

They nodded and hurriedly pushed the remaining carts toward a second groundbridge while I ran over to my fellow Decepticons. 'Nice of you to join us.' Breakdown said as he fired at them. 'Eh, I was having a chill day.'

I then aimed my gun and hit Optimus in the shoulder as he was about to fire at Knockout. I grinned at him but failed to notice their scout taking aim at me. I wheeled around just as he fired but tentacles wrapped around my waist and pulled me away, just in time.

They set me down and I turned to see Soundwave behind me. 'Thanks, partner.' I said, smiling at him. He nodded and a small smile face appeared on the screen. I giggled as I always did when he did that.

But I stopped when a certain wrecker came up behind him, something in his hand. His optics were locked onto Soundwave, not even noticing I'd seen him. He took aim and threw that something at my partner's turned back.

'SOUNDWAVE!' I yelled, 'LOOK OUT!' I ran and pushed him aside, making him fall to the ground but at least out of the way. 

I, however, wasn't as lucky.