Asauchi

Asauchis are born in Hueco Mundo. All Asauchi are born nameless but are correlated to a concept that exists in the human world. This concept can be correlated towards a human's emotion or sense of self just as an example. For every person and animal's world view or collective emotion, an Asauchi exists based on that view or emotion.

Asauchi are tied to the collective unconscious of life on Earth; the thoughts and perceptions of the world are what create a reflection of those thoughts and perceptions. This reflection possesses the abilities that best suit these perceptions and the Asauchi's personality fits the perception as they are based on the common idea of something shared among humans or animals; if an innocent and compassionate person views the world as violent or cruel, or this person is widely believed by others to be violent and cruel, then an Asauchi will have a violent and cruel personality and have powers to compliment that.

An example of this would be the creation of Zangetsu; who was created on an animal's concept of "survival of the fittest". The concept that in order to prevent yourself from being killed, dominated, or eaten was to have an incomprehensible killer instinct and dominate those who are weaker or prove an indisputable strength over those who are stronger.

What's more, an Asauchi will do things that they are correlated too, such as Sode no Shirayuki who is a kind, caring, and very polite person because she was created on the concept on that a person's character, self belief, value, are what makes a good human being. As such, her personality was molded in this concept.

Asauchi can manifest in the human world by collecting a large amount of spirit energy and breaking the threshold that separates the two worlds. They will enter into the human world with its own physical body as the spirit energy they accumulated will start to leak out of them as, since they are in a world without spirit energy, the world is forced to correct itself and fill in the negative space, forcing spirit energy to leak out into the world.

If the Asauchi's spirit energy is completely gone, then they will die and return to Hueco Mundo with no prior memory of their former life and have to collect spirit energy to break the threshold once more.

Asauchi prevent themselves from being drained of spirit energy by encroaching onto a specific individual entering a mutual relationship. The person in question will be granted powers as long as they fulfill the requirements of hosting the Asauchi and the Asauchi will not die and be able to go on living. The requirements of an Asauchi are specific to their conceptualization. One such example of this is Rukia being chosen out of everyone in Karakura Town to be Sode no Shirayuki's wielder because she valued herself in a different way than other girls do. Where other girls pride themselves on being as pretty as possible, Rukia was proud that she had friends that genuinely cared about her and that was all she needed and had an indisputable and mutually agreed great character which made her a compassionate human being.

Another example is Zangetsu choosing Ichigo out of everyone in Karakura town to be his wielder because Ichigo would not allow himself to be defeated by the thugs or bullies that would either target him for his hair or beat up other people. If the person the Asauchi finds does not meet the requirements they can do one of two things; the outcome will depend on what the Asauchi's personality is like, as Zangetsu killed people he didn't see as compatible while Shirayuki simply just gave the ones she chose incorrectly a scare with her powers, though it was just a practical joke but just the sight of her would scare them. Or, the Asauchi, if they are on death's door, the Asauchi will partially and forcefully bond with a person in order to restore their spiritual power before leaving. This partial bond can last as long as the Asauchi chooses to.

Once an Asauchi and a person become one, they can communicate with one another and grow stronger together. When a wielder starts to die, then his/her Asauchi will start to die along with them.

Asauchi also gain the ability to protect their wielder whether it being a partial bond or a total complete bond. Zangetsu for example was able to manifest part of himself on Shiro to protect him from the Demogorgon's claws from Season 1 to save him from the major damage that he would have suffered or when he was able to take possession of Ichigo's body when he was on the brink of death.

Asauchi are also capable of fusing along with each other, though the only notable event of this was between Zangetsu and Shirayuki when Shiro also bonded with Shirayuki. When these two spirits fused together, a new Asauchi was formed upon the conceptualization of what Shiro's friends and family thought of him; which all had differing opinions but they all ended with the same two words "The Strongest". This Asauchi was named Shingetsu and reflects this and is insanely powerful by breaking the limits that previously held Shiro back in the previous seasons and giving him even more techniques.

The Asauchi also appear to have the memories of their wielders and Shingetsu has the memories of Zangetsu and Shirayuki, and also all the memories of Ichigo and Rukia.