Season 3 Chapter 7 : Assault

After Eleven managed to calm back down, she was sitting on the couch as she began to explain what she heard from Billy.

Eleven : He said he was building something. That it was all for me.

Max : Building something... Is he talking about the flayed?

Nancy : He must be.

Lucas : So, he's building an army, just like we thought.

Mike : Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread.

Will : He's building it to stop Eleven.

Shiro : Last year, El closed the gate on him. I'm starting to think that she might have pissed him off.

Lucas : Like, royally.

Mike : And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way--

Lucas : Game over.

Eleven : He also said that something was gonna come for me.

Mike : Do you know what it was?

Eleven : A man that looks our age. He has four eyes. He said it was gonna kill all of you.

Everyone's eyes then widened slightly as they were shocked to hear that the Mind Flayer was sending some sort of creature to come after them.

Max : *sarcastically* Yeah, well, that's nice.

Everyone in the room then becomes slightly overwhelmed with fear as they didn't know what to expect from the Mind Flayer's incoming attack. Suddenly, they then hear the sound of footsteps and turn their heads and see Shiro who was standing a few feet away from them.

Shiro then soon starts to stretch as everyone looks at him confused on why he was stretching.

Jonathan : Why are you stretching?

Shiro : Well if the Mind Flayer is gonna send some sort of monster after all of us, then I atleast don't wanna pull a muscle when it actually shows up.

Mike : You don't even know what it is. For all we know it could be one of the flayed. And by the sound of it sounds strong, stronger than Billy. You overheated the last time you fought him, remember?

Shiro : Of course I remember! Which is why I'm getting myself pumped up for this fight.

Nancy : We should come up with a plan first. Plus we don't have weapons to attack them and--

Shiro : Who needs weapons when me and El are around?

Mike : Okay, I really like your confidence but let's get back down to Earth. We still have to find Hopper and tell him everything's that's been going on. And Nancy's right, we need to prepare before we actually go after them.

Shiro : And the time we're wasting doing all that is more time that the flayed have to get the drop on us. We're in the middle of a life or death situation, so we need to act fast before anyone else gets dragged into this. Which is why I've decided to evolve past what I can do.

Everyone then looks at the white haired boy as they were confused on what he meant by evolving past what he was already able to do.

Lucas : Evolve? So, like, turning from an ordinary version of you and into a super version?

Shiro : Yup, you're way off. The best way I could say it would be like playing a video game. When you keep playing it for a long time and whether you win or lose, you start to accumulate thoughts and experiences. You want to get the win, and after trial and error, that's when the pieces start to fall into place, and a new idea blooms.