The Campfire Song

Start from the beginning

"Oh, things couldn't be worse," Everyone sings. "When your parents run the universe. Oh, things couldn't be worse, when your folks run the universe."

Katsuki looks around. "Alright, who's next?" He asks.

Denki stands up from his table. "Oh! Okay, let's see..." He trails off for a moment. "My mom's Demeter, goddess of grain. She gets excited when it starts to rain." The camera switches to show it storming while Denki was standing with an annoyed expression.

"How relatable," Jirou says, twirling her earphone jack around her finger.

"But planting and planting and planting's a pain," Denki says, pulling his hands over his face. "Oh no.."

Everyone in the background sings as well. "Oh no.."

Denki smiles. "Right?" He announces. "For their sixteenth birthday, my friends got a car. I got a fern in some dumb mason jar!"

"Damn, jealousy, jealously," Mina says.

Denki clicks his tongue to the top of his mouth. "That's annoying," He says. "Demeter seems nice though. I wonder what she's like as a mom."

"Ooh, ooh, ooh!" Ochako exclaims, jumping up and down. She was a satyr. "My turn!"

"Ochako?" Jirou says, side eyeing her.

The brunette smiles nervously. "I can't sing, I swear," She says, holding her hands above her head.

"I'm a child of Pan," Ochako sings, her voice kind of off pitch as she dances. "God of the wild. For those who love nature, they're often beguiled. He's not really my dad, but I'm sort of his child... Oh no...

"Oh no.." The other demigods sing.

"He went for a hike to explore new frontiers," Ochako sings. "And no one has seen him for thousands of years!" She bursts out crying and on screen Iida comforts her.

"Yikes," Kaminari says. "That sounds rough."

"Oh, things couldn't be worse," Everyone sings the chorus again. "When your parents run the universe. Oh, things couldn't be worse, when your folks run the universe."

Izuku turns to Aizawa, who was a centaur. "Aizawa! Who's your dad?" He asks.

"Oh, uh," Present Mic starts, but shuts up when Aizawa glares at him.

Aizawa looks surprised to have been called on. "Oh, well.." He clears his throat. "My father is Kronos. Remember my lecture. He ate his children."

There was silence on screen and in the theater.

"That's.. cool.." Kaminari says, smiling nervously.

Katsuki side eyes Izuku. "Aizawa wins!" He announces. The group makes sounds of agreement. Katsuki turns to Mina, who no longer has pink skin and hair, instead, dark chocolate skin and black hair in a low puff style. "How about you, Mina?"

"That's Mina?" Ochako says. "She's so pretty!"

Mina cackles. "I have to show you my baby pictures when my mom styled my hair!" She squeals.

Mina stood up, her lips curling in a smile. "The goddess of love, my mom's Aphrodite," She sings. "She tries to be cool but mainly she's flighty. I'll bring home a boy, and she's there in her nightie~!"

"Oh no.." The crowd sings.

"That just sucks," Hagakure says. "I would have to wash my eyes out to be honest."

"I tried to seek help from even the fates," Mina sings, looking done. "Cause she steals my mascara and all of my dates."

There was applause from the theater.

Katsuki turns to look at Izuku. "Alright, Izuku, it's your turn," He says.

"NO SHUT UP," Izuku says, shielding his face. "THAT'S SO WRONG. NEVER CALL ME THAT I SWEAR TO GOD NO STOP," He starts sobbing.

The blonde stares at him in confusion.

"If I tried to sing, it would probably cause an avalanche," Izuku says, chuckling nervously.

Kaminari pats Izuku on the back. "It's okay, not everyone can be as good as Jirou and Bakugo," He says sympathetically.

Katsuki pats Izuku on the shoulder. "Oh, we're all friends here. Come on, give it a shot," He says, gesturing to the group.

Izuku pauses. "My mom was named Inko," He sings. "She loved scary movies. And food that was blue, and-"

Denki frowns. "He's doing it wrong," He says.

Mina places a hand on her hip. "Yeah, who's your godly parent?" She says.

"Oh.. I don't know," Izuku says, looking down.

"What? How do you not know who your parents are?" Kaminari says, frowning. "That sounds shitty on the parents part."

"I don't know who my dad is," Izuku says, giving Kaminari another creepy smile.

Katsuki pats Izuku on the back this time. "It's alright A lot of half-bloods never know their godly parents. Just give it a try," He says.

Izuku doesn't start immediately. "So my dad is some god.." He sings. "That's great I guess... Did he not want me? Or not want the stress?"

"Aw, that's so sad," Mina says, sobbing already. Sero hands her a tissue box.

"Too bad he's the worst, and my life is a mess. Oh no.." Izuku smirks as the music builds up. The group cheers just as the theater does. "I hope he shows even a trace, cause I got some choice words to throw in his face!"

"YEAHHHHHH!!" Sero, Mina, Ochako, and Toga scream.

Shoto turns to Izuku. "You're good at raising people's morals," He says matter-of-factly. Izuku blushes from embarrassment.

"Oh, things couldn't be worse," The whole camp sings. When your parents run the universe. Oh, things couldn't be worse."

Katsuki slams the cup of nectar on the table, smiling at his friends. "But I don't care where our parents may be," He sings. "As long as you are here with me~!"

"Another beautiful phrase by Katsuki Bakugo," Jirou says, saluting to the screen.

"We don't care where our parents may be," The camp sings. "As long as you are here with me, as long as you are here with me!

The screen fades as the camp starts laughing, but Katsuki still looks sour.

"That was amazing," Present Mic says.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," Zia says. "Now, should we go back to Heathers, do another Hamilton, or more of the Sith and Jedi jazz?"

The theater shouted out their preferences, but in the end Heathers won.

<^> To Be Continued

(1.4k words)

:O