Chapter 17

I wake up in the cramped closet with Peyton's arms wrapped snugly around me. Peyton's alarm goes off only minutes later and her eyes open. I shift off of the brunette so she can get up. Peyton crawls out of the closet and stretches. She then gets ready for school.

I pick up my phone and see all the millions of texts I've gotten from people I've never spoken to in my entire life. They're all about the pictures. I sigh exasperated and open my camera to see how much of a mess I am. My hair is a hot mess, there's makeup smudges all over my face, and my eyes are red and puffy.

I watch as Peyton comes back into the room and rummages through my drawers for something to wear. She picks out a cropped turtleneck. Peyton looks better in it than I ever could. She changes into that and some baggy pants. She's absolutely stunning.

Peyton walks over to me, "I'll be back soon!"

Peyton kisses my cheek, grabs her backpack and my house key, and leaves. I'm alone for the first time in a while. I pick myself up and head to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror. A few months ago I was just the quiet kid that no one gave a shit about. Now I'm a freak show. I take a deep breath and wash the makeup off my face. After that, I put my hair up in a ponytail.

I walk back to my room and change out of the clothes I wore to school yesterday and into a big t-shirt and pajama pants. I lay sprawled out on my bed.

(Meanwhile in Peyton's POV)

This morning I got a text from an unknown number saying her name was Bri and she gave me all the proof needed to get Stacy expelled for those pictures. I don't know who she is or why she's helping but I sure am grateful.

I park my car and walk into school. I'm only here for one thing and one thing only: to get revenge. I am unbelievably pissed off. How could Stacy do this to Avery? I know their breakup was messy but that was completely unnecessary and shitty. Who the fuck posts someone's nudes in result of something that they absolutely deserved? God, I fucking hate Stacy. I stomp through the hallway to get the first and second period done and over with.

I quickly and angrily make my way to lunch. I sit at my usual table and wait for Stacy to walk into the cafeteria. I watch as Stacy grabs a tray of food and I walk to her. Once I reach her, I flip her tray so all the food lands on her outfit.

"What the absolute hell?!" Stacy barks.

I make sure to make a scene of this. I can sense everyone pulling out their phones.

"I should be the one asking that," I yell back at her.

Stacy laughs and I launch my fist up to strike her nose. I hear a crack and I grin widely. She instantly brings her hands up to her face.

"That's what you get for leaking someone's nudes," I growled.

There's several gasps and whispers surrounding us.

"You mean Avery's nudes?" Stacy smirks.

"You are a shit person, Stacy," I tell her, "I feel bad for all your future partners since you had no problem releasing your ex-girlfriend's nudes."

Stacy's face drops as a result of me announcing her secret. Mx. Whitlock marches in. About time a teacher comes in, dear lord.

"What is the meaning of this?" The teacher asks angrily.

"You see, I'm just getting revenge for my friend, Avery, since Stacy leaked her nudes to the entire school," I tell them.

Mx. Whitlock furrows their eyebrows and turns their head towards Stacy. Stacy is staring down at her feet and I can tell she's given up. The teacher makes a disappointed face and sends us both to the principal's office.

After a severely long meeting, I've been suspended and Stacy's been expelled. I drove back to Avery's house to share the news with him. I find Avery on the bed just staring at the ceiling. I set my stuff down and lay down with her. I feel so bad for her. No one deserves to go through what's happening to her.

Avery turns to look at me and I smile softly at them.

"How'd you get out of school early?" The raven haired girl asks quietly.

I awkwardly laugh, "I got suspended."

Avery instantly sits up and looks at me with a confused and worried look on their face.

"What?" Avery questions.

I show her my hand that is fucked up from punching that blonde bitch and shyly smile.

"You did not," Avery gapes.

I nod and her jaw just drops more.

"Holy fuck, Peyton!" They exclaim.

"The wicked bitch is expelled!" I cheer but Avery doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm as I do.

"You're hurt, Pey," Avery whispers, grabbing my arm and leading me into the bathroom.

They clean and bandage my hand as I tell Avery about the text I got earlier.

"Bri.." Avery said quietly, "a while ago she heard me crying after a fight with Stacy and I told her everything about you and Stacy."

I look at Avery and she's looking down at the sink.

"I can't believe she helped get Stace expelled," they laugh.