Chapter 2

I wake with an insane headache. I'm in a car that I learn is Stacy's after I look at who's driving. The car ride is silent so I ask why she hasn't turned on the radio.

"Holy tits, you're alive!" Stacy gasps.

"Holy tits?" I laugh.

"Shut up, I'm still pissed at you," she snarls.

I sit back and all I think about is where we're going. Are we going to Stacy's house? Is she finding a road in the middle of nowhere to dump me? Are we going to the woods so she can kill and bury me?

Before I can spiral anymore, the car turns into the driveway of what looked like a mansion.I gape at the house as Stacy punches in the code to the gate. I knew she was rich but god damn. The house is two stories tall and painted a light gray. The gates open and we begin to drive in. There are beautiful pillars by the front door. The windows are also ginormous and absolutely elegant. Stacy parks the car and gets out and I do the same. Stacy grabs my wrist and starts directing me towards the front door. I stand behind her with my hand on a pillar while Stacy gets her keys out and unlocks the door. She retrieves my wrist again and we walk through the door. My jaw is on the ground at this point. The interior is even more magnificent than the exterior.

A woman walks in and I can tell it's Stacy's mom. She's absolutely stunning and I can't help but turn red when she walks up to me and lightly grabs onto my face to look into my eyes.

"I heard what happened and I'm a doctor," the woman gently says, "I'm just going to make sure you don't have a concussion."

Mrs.Bahlman leads me to the dining room which is as amazing as the whole house is and makes me take a seat before examining me.

"What have I told you about getting into fights, Stace?" The mom muttered, "you're lucky she wasn't seriously hurt."

"You say that as if Avery didn't literally give me a black eye!" Stacy rebuttals.

Mrs. Bahlman hands us both an ice pack and sends us on our way after informing me that I don't have a concussion.

"I'm still pissed at you but I'm glad you're okay," Stacy says.

"I'm really sorry about your eye," I apologize genuinely.

"It's whatever, I did almost give you a concussion so I guess I deserve it," the blonde chuckles.

I start to follow Stacy to the living room when, out of nowhere, this massive dog comes running at me.

"Holy fucking shit!" I shrill.

Stacy steps in front of me.

"Gibson. Sit." Stacy commands the dog.

The dog obeys her and I continue to cower behind the blonde in front of me. I'm much taller than Stacy so I can imagine how silly this looks from an outsider's perspective. I should probably mention that I'm not that much of a dog person. It's not that I hate them, they just scare the absolute living hell out of me.

"Go on. Pet him," Stacy orders with a smile.

"Uh, I'm good," I trembled.

"He's not going to hurt you, Avery. Not on my watch," She reassures.

"I'm more of a cat person," I declare.

Stacy whines, "Come on. Please!"

I take a slight step out from behind Stacy and hesitantly stick my hand out towards Gibson. He sniffs it briefly then starts licking my hand. I feel like I'm about to piss myself out of fear. I begin to stroke his head gently and all that fear melts away. The dog is honestly quite soft.

"What breed is this beast anyways?" I query.

"A cane corso," She exclaims with a grin.

I can tell Stacy really loves this dog. She reaches for my wrist and takes me back to the dining room. We stop in front of the walnut table with an assortment of center pieces on it. Stacy pulls out one of the chairs to reveal an adorable sphynx cat. I can't contain my excitement and Stacy laughs.

"This is Bark. My younger sister named him," Stacy tells me, "he hates me."

I crouch down to be at the same level as Bark. I greet the cat and gently pat his head. I look up at Stacy, who seems to be blushing, and drag her down with me.

"Seriously, me and this cat aren't friends," Stacy says as Bark growls and hisses at her.

The cat stops growling once Stacy stands up and he lets me continue to pet him.

"He likes you. He doesn't like anyone. That's really cute," Stacy remarks.

I smile at the bald wrinkly cat one last time before I try to stand up. Then, Gibson comes over and knocks me back over. I topple over and Stacy laughs loudly. I really like her laugh, it's nice. I look up at Stacy with a frown and she offers me her hand then pulls me up off the floor.

Stacy directs me to the kitchen where she opens the fridge to grab a couple of water bottles then takes a bag of potato chips from the cupboard full of food. She tells me to follow her and we head to a different spot of the house.