Chapter 4

After about a week of doing nothing all day with Stacy, we've gotten pretty comfortable with each other. We sit in the living room watching some reality TV show and Stacy wraps her arm around me. I scoot closer to her and pick up a strawberry Stacy brought out for us and eat it. That's also something that's changing. After being around Stacy, my eating habits have gotten better. Stacy leans her face against the back of my head and I can feel her smiling. I eat another strawberry and try to understand what's going on in the show.

We sit there quietly until Stacy breaks the silence, "do you have a boyfriend? I don't think I've seen you even speak to a guy."

"Hah. Yeah, I don't," I responded

"Why not?" Stacy furrows her brows, "you're very pretty, I'd think guys would be all over you."

''I'm a lesbian," I laugh.

"Oh," Stacy gets quiet.

"What?' I implore.

"Nothing, I just feel silly for asking that now," Stacy explains.

I turn to look at her and the light from the TV highlights how red her face is. Out of the blue, Gibson comes trotting into the living room and jumps onto my lap.

"Gibs!" I whine as the massive dog licks my hands.

Stacy chuckles and I can feel her staring at a spot on my face. As I push the dog off me, I feel Stacy's hand swiftly move to my face about to turn it towards her. My phone suddenly goes off and Stacy yanks her hand away and walks to the kitchen. I pick up my phone and see that I'm getting a facetime from Peyton. We've been facetiming and texting a lot during my time of being suspended. I answer it and Peyton comes on screen.

"Hey!" Peyton grins excitedly.

"What's up?" I ask.

Peyton tells me about some drama that's going on at school and I sit back and listen. After a while, she stops.

"Where's Stacy?" Peyton questions, "she normally always butts in on our calls."

"I don't know," I answered honestly, "she got up when my phone started going off."

I call for Stacy and she walks shyly into the room and sits next to me but leaves space between us.

"Hi, Peyton," Stacy forces a smile.

Peyton and I continue talking for about 20 minutes or so until we hang up. I turn my body towards Stacy. She's looking down at her hands and I can't help but wonder if something is wrong. I reach my arm out to put my hand on her upper arm. She adjusts herself to face towards me and I give her a worried look. Stacy still doesn't look me in the eyes.

"Hey, are you-" I start but Stacy stops me.

Quickly, Stacy takes the back of my head into her hand and brings my face towards hers as she leans in. Her lips touch mine and I place my hands on her waist. I can feel Stacy smile as we kiss.

I pull back to ask, "so do you have a boyfriend?"

Stacy rolls her eyes and goes back to pressing her lips against mine. We sit there kissing for a bit until a car pulls up into the driveway. Stacy grabs my wrist and quickly leads me upstairs to her room. I can hear Stacy's mom and sister walk through the front door.

Stacy shoves me onto her bed and locks the door. Then, she climbs on top of me and we continue to kiss. I feel Stacy's hands slide underneath my shirt. She pulls back her face to ask permission and I nod. She pulls off my shirt and starts kissing my neck. After Stacy unclasps my bra, she takes her shirt off too. She then moves down towards the end of the mattress to remove my sweatpants.