Chapter 3

Chapter Three
Enjoy :)
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘˗ˏˋ ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ˎˊ˗∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Within the first few moments that I'd stepped into the Cedora Hills Cafeteria, I'd flagged it as a place I'd attempt to avoid as much as possible.

It was just too huge, too noisy and too crowded. To every corner I look there is a student in a crisp white shirt doing an activity of some sort; Sitting on a chair, sitting on table, standing on a table, chasing after a friend, throwing food, doing anything but sitting down and eating.

Sera squeezes on my hand, dragging my gaze away from a chaotic encounter on the other side of the room to the back of her head. I suddenly realize that we've come to a stop infront of a table of about five girls all heavily immersed in conversation. Sera clears her throat and five pair of eyes shoot to us.

"Guys, This is Isa, the new girl I was telling you all about!"

I force a bright smile and utter out an enthusiastic , "Hi, It's nice to meet you all."

They are all welcoming for the most part, offering friendly 'hi's' back and throwing smiles at me.

There is a girl named Gracie who has a dark complexion and a wide smile. The first thing she does is compliment my hair, which is unexpected and I thank her in return.

There's another girl named Melanie and then Julia and Christina and Brooke. I'm not good with names, there's no way I would remember them all so I would have to refrain from addressing them directly for now.

During the beginning of the conversation, I offer a lot.

I tell them about how I'm adjusting to my new life at Cedora Hills. I also respond to their questions about life at my old school which I would have rather not talked about but still, I decide to humour them.

About fifteen minutes into the conversation when four of the girls had left the cafeteria early and the conversation seems to dial back to what seemed like average conversations in the friend group, I find myself zoning out.

What I really am is hungry. I had forgotten to pack lunch this morning, there is a long lineup for food on the other side of the cafeteria and unlike the dishes from my previous school, these one's actually seemed to smell good.

Sera's loud voice has stopped ringing out beside me for a long time, but I am only becoming conscious now, of the unnatural silence that has invaded the table.

Shit was I supposed to say something?

I glance up thinking I have screwed up somehow, prepared to utter an apology, but all four girls seem to be frozen in shock staring not at me but at something behind me.

"Um Isa?" Sera croaks hoarsely from beside me, urging me with her head to look as well.

I am flabbergasted at what I see.

Clyde Anderson's ridiculously tall figure stands over me. His hands are in his pocket and when my eyes travel up to his, they are already staring right back down at me. "Isa," He says with a smile.

Clyde has prominent dimples that decorate both sides of his cheeks and warm brown eyes that disappear into crescents when he smiles. It's a dangerous combination on him and my mind is slowly turning to mush.

I'm not sure who it is that lets out a deadly cough from behind me, making me suddenly aware of Sera eye's boring into my side profile. Clyde is still smiling and I realise I have not spoken a word since I turned around to look at him.