Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Enjoy :)
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘˗ˏˋ ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ˎˊ˗∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Before stepping into the Cedora Hills library, I hadn't actually thought of how I would meet with the student I was tutoring and realized only upon arriving, the lack of information I was dealing with. This lack of information consisted of a name, date, and time written on a small piece of paper;  Clyde Anderson at six p.m. on September 15th.

So I sit there in the library, anxiously bouncing my leg like I had been for the past half hour with the nagging worry that my student could already be in here somewhere, looking for me.

A sudden loud squeal followed by another erupts beside me and Charlie - a brunette girl with brown eyes who sits beside me - stands up to embrace another girl that has run towards her. 

"This is my friend, Jessica," Charlie tells me, motioning to the other girl with dark wavy hair, as they take their seats.

"Hi, Jessica. It's nice to meet you." I say

Jessica chews loudly on her gum. "Nice to meet you too."

Remembering the predicament at hand, I turn to Charlie, thinking she can help.  "Charlie can I ask you something?"

Charlie nods with a smile.

"Do you know any student by the name of Clyde Anderson?"

Something odd happens at the table when I say that. Charlie's eyes narrow, almost suspiciously, and Jessica looks up from her phone.

"I'm new here and I'm supposed to be tutoring that student but I don't know what he looks like so I'm having trouble finding him."

Charlie and Jessica exchange looks and then Charlie, looking perplexed, cocks her head at me.  "Say that again."

"I said I'm new here and I have to tutor someone named Clyde Anderson but I-"

"Are you serious?" Jessica bursts out beside me.

"Of course, look here." I show them the slip of paper that's extremely worn out from crumples of frustration and start to read, "Clyde Anderson at six pm on September 15th at -"

Hasty hands snatch the paper out of my grip and Jessica holds it up to her face, squinting at it. She passes the paper to Charlie when she's done and by the end, they both have dubious expressions on their faces.

"I don't believe you." Jessica decides while Charlie slides the paper back to me. "You should know better than to make up lies like this. You'll get yourself into trouble."

Trouble? How so?

"In any case," Jessica flips her shiny brown hair over her shoulder. "The football game just ended about an hour ago. There's no way Clyde would choose to spend his Sunday evening in the school library."