Chapter 2

Chapter Two
Enjoy :)
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘˗ˏˋ ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ˎˊ˗∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

School commences in ten minutes, my aunt is nowhere to be seen and I should have seen it coming.

Last Wednesday she'd also forgotten to take me to the scheduled uniform fitting and yesterday night when I'd reminded her that today was my first day of school, she had furrowed her eyebrows and mumbled "Oh yeah," before walking out of the room.

I knew my aunt wasn't exactly leaping with joy at the fact that I was now staying with her here in Upper-East-Manhattan, but the least she could do was tell me in advance if she planned to bail on me. That would have been much better than this. Anything would have been much better than this.

A dizzying feeling of discomfort washes over me as I slam the cab door shut, then jealousy watch it drive away while I am left, alone, in the courtyard of the ridiculously large, scary school that is Cedora Hills Academy.

I'm slowly taking steps through the long, narrow sidewalk that stretches out through a wide space of grass so green it must be fake. It's not just the grass. Everything looks fake, surreal, like something out of a real life 'princess charm school' movie.

The school is mainly characterized by its spaciously tall and wide glossy, white, creamy walls. Through glass I can already see the complex interior and one of many grandiose staircases that spiral upwards.

To the left of the compound is an extension of the lush green space of greenery that was easily around the same size if not larger than the width of my old school. The track and outdoor sports facilities in the distance can also be seen from here.

By the time I've managed to navigate the complexity of the hallways and arrive at my classroom, I try the handle of the door, only to find that it is locked, then knock and wait patiently for about five minutes.

A middle-aged man opens the door. He is tall, with long, brown hair tied neatly to the back of his head. He is dressed casually and wears glasses perched on his nose. Right now the expression on his face shows he is unimpressed.

"I'm presuming you are supposed to be Isa, yes?"

I nod. "Yes, Sir."

The teacher's mouth forms a grim line. He opens his mouth like intends to say something but then glances behind him, distracted by the loud chatter that is building in the unattended classroom. He sighs before stepping out of the doorway. "Don't let it happen again. We value punctuality here at Cedora Hills."

I make my way through the classroom, towards a seat near the far end by the window.

The teacher, who I now know goes by Mr. Lyon starts talking again and I take the opportunity to subtly scan the length of the classroom. All faces are unfamiliar but resemble one another's in a weird sense.

I do a double take as my eyes focus on the centre of the row in front of me. It's Clyde's red-haired girlfriend who I'd learned is named Rebecca, and her white haired friend who had glared at me in the bathroom, sitting side-by-side.

I don't know how I didn't notice them before. It was like there was some sort of bubble that surrounded them, screaming 'look at me in all my glory'.

I was good at noticing things. Eyes were drawn to them. Girls looked over at them with admiration, envy, desire.

"Hold on." The teacher abruptly pauses from his lesson, his sharp eyes doing a thorough sweep of the classroom. "Where are Richard and Xavier?"