𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"I jus want to spend time with mommy and daddy. Where are they Titi?" He said asking me, he had this look of innocence. 

Poor baby it's sad how our parents cant even find the time of day to spend with us. Maybe i don't need the time, but Zaire does. He's young and doesn't understand why his parents aren't loving him like everyone else's.

"Do they not like me Titi?" Zaire said sticking his lip out, his eyes were turning glossy and light brown.

"No...They love you, sometimes their just busy" I quickly said making an excuse up for my parents. I opened my arms gesturing for him to come hug me. He let out a big, saddened sigh and went into my arms. Out of nowhere he started busting out crying.

"A-Are you gonna l-leave me Titi?" He said stuttering since he was crying hard. I quickly shook my head, tightening my arms around him.

"No, I'm never gonna leave you. I love you too much for that, okay?" I said rubbing his back, trying to console him.

He nodded and nuzzled his face into my neck, finally calming down. I sung him his favorite song "You are my sunshine" our mom used to sing it to us. I rocked him back and forth while singing the song. I remember after she used to hit on me after work, she would sing this to me. I've gone through things in life but that only makes me go harder to become someone.

You are my sunshine.

My only sunshine.

You make me happy, when skies are gray.

You'll never know dear.

How much i love you.

Please dont take my sunshine awayyyy......

Just as I finished singing the first verse, I looked down and saw Zaire peacefully napping. I smiled and rubbed through his hair. This child is just like my baby, I'll do anything for him. I picked his sleeping body up, walked him up the stairs into his room and laid him out on the bed. I covered him up in his blanket and kissed him gently before walking out of his room.

**

            │Ashanti Macias│
│Monday, July 24th. 10:27 AM│
        │Chicago, Illinois📍│

I opened my phone and saw my application for Amazon was accepted. I mean it might not be GREAT pay, but I have to start somewhere. I'm trying to move out and maybe take my brother with me. Their email said that I had my first shift in 2 days. Just as I was gonna walk into the kitchen I heard my parents conversating.

"That little bitch Ashanti thinks she's gonna take my child? She has another thing coming for her, Zaire came out my coochie. Not hers." My mother said bitterly, that statement hurt my chest. I didn't EVER want to be in the position where I basically have to be his parent, but I had to.

And for her saying that and throwing it back in my face when I give her chances to take care of her son is........Bogus as fuck. Just as I was about to turn around and go back to my room my dad started talking.

"You don't see your fucking self?? You're the one who won't help take care of our son. I know I'm wrong since I'm in and out of jail but you are free. You blaming whatever on her is bullshit. Imma stick up for my kids til the day I fuckin die. I shoulda have been divorced your ass when I heard you went to the mental asylum. Crazy ass hoe." He said snapping back harshly. But it was all the truth and she needed to hear it honestly. He started walking away but then she started yelling and going bizzerk.

"I shoulda burnt our last house down with all of you in it! , esa perra hija mía y ese chico feo que tuve" she said balling her fist up while breathing hard.

(You, that bitch ass daughter of mines, and that ugly ass boy I had)

Yes, she spoke Spanish. She was part Dominican, so she had a bit of a temper to her. If you tried her, she would do anything to get back at you. She stormed off the the master bedroom slamming the door loudly, making me slightly jump.

"I know your there Ashanti, come out baby" My dad said in a defeated voice. I think this whole thing has had a toll on him. My mother is so crazy, one time she hid guns and crack in his car while he was on parole and told him to go to Walmart.

As he was at a stoplight, an officer pulled him over and searched the car. They found all the things she hid and he got 2 years of drug possession, the intention to distribute and possession of an unregistered firearm
. AND guess who called the police on him, YEP my mom did.

I walked from behind the stairs, being cautious as he asked me to.

"You okay?" I asked nervous because he looked so fed up.

"Yeah I am baby, c'mere I have to say something to you." He said motioning me over to the couch he was sitting on. I walked over sitting next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Sometimes my dad was my comfort place, he made sure to grind to get what I wanted and needed, same with my little brother. He looked down at me, brushing his hand through my hair. We didnt always have the best relationship because he was in and out my life.

He has 12 kids from 5 babymamas including me and Zaire being the youngest. He was in jail my childhood and got out when i was around 7. My parents used to argue, fight, call the police on eachother and i used to constantly blame myself for it. Maybe if i wasnt the way i am today, they would've have an better relationship.

"I know this may be hard to hear and unexpected but. I just wanna let you know if anything happens to me you have ownership over my things and insurance, okay?" he said lowly, I immediately looked directly at him, confused.

"What do you mean dad?" I said, slightly worried.

"If your mother tries anything, just know my vaults are behind most of these pictures. They have lots of money for you to live off of and some products. I'm not saying become a full-on drug dealer but it's for some quick money. I have notes in there referring you to some of my good buddies. I want you and Zaire to have better in life, you guys deserve it. Your birthday is the code to the safes, okay" He said trying to fake a smile, but I could see right through his act. His soul was shattered, he wasn't feeling himself, and he didn't recognize himself. So, I simply nodded taking in all the information he told me.

Where could these vaults even be? Could i be put into trouble? Everything is really confusing me.

Little did they know, someone was lurking....................

**

How do you guys feel about this?????

Ashanti-

Her Dad (Marcus)-

Her mother (Leticia)-

Zaire-

Please excuse any grammatical errors!!

I just wanna say I appreciate all of my readers and people who support me🥰🙏🏽.
And I know, this was a short ass chapter. I was gonna update it and write more but i wanted the cliffhanger.

Bye, Mylovess.

-𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑳𝑼𝑽𝑺𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑽𝑶𝑵𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪