𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

│Ashanti Macias│
│Monday, July 23rd. 4:36 Pm📌│
             │Chicago, Illinois📍│

I looked down and grabbed my phone, opening it seeing I got a text from a random number

               312-948-7593

Aye where you and Durk bugged ass went?

                                                               Durk?? Wrong number.

Ionk why yall wanna play these stupid ass games

                                                      Nigga i just said wrong number.

Who you talkin to like that?

                                                          You. Who else would i be talking to?

Igh, you gon get yo ass popped.                                                                      

I sat my phone down back on the counter. I don't even know why the bitch or nigga still texting. I nicely said wrong number, meaning i dont wanna speak anymore. Anyways, i opened the pantry scanning my eyes over each thing.

 I scouted out Ritz crackers, and a caprisun. I really need to go shopping because this lady dont at all.  I closed the white painted door, walking over to the marble counters. I placed the crackers and juice there, waiting for Zaire to finish washing up.

I gotta find me a job, I'm ready to move out and have my own space. Last night my parents were arguing loud as hell. It scared Zaire so he ran into my room and asked to sleep with me. Poor baby, he deserves so much better than this. I dont wanna work for anyone, but its just gonna be for the time being. Just as I thought about that, Zaire came downstairs all fresh from his bath.

"You made my snack Titi?" Zaire asked walking over to me, he had on hi briefs and a white wife beater. His hair needed doing again, so i'll do that.

"Yeah, here" I said passing him his plate and grabbing the Caprisun out of the fridge and passing it to him.

"Thank youu" He said smiling, walking over to the beat-up couch and sitting down.

I nodded and sat on the smooth kitchen counter. I sat there, being deep into my daily thoughts about what i can do. The weather outside was cloudly but very humid. The small house was empty, Zaire barely had clothes, Barely any food, and nothing to do but watch the live cartoon that came on. 

"Titi c'mon! Our favorite show Zack and Cody is on!" Zaire informed me, smiling deeply. This was his favorite show to watch. He always makes me watch it with him when it airs. He always says one day he wants to go on a ship like them. 

I laughed and sat on the couch next to Zaire. A few commercials were airing before the show started.

"What you feel like doing today Zaza?" I said, taking a peace of cracker off his lip. I brushed some crumbs away, looking at him. He had dark brown eyes on a usual day but when he felt sad or extra happy they would turn light brown.