Chapter 72

12th May 2004

"A-ah..."

Jimin moaned in pain as the doctor touched her ankle, biting her lip tightly as if she tried to bear the pain. The doctor pursed his lips, looking once again at the young female moaning in pain the more he touched her ankle while sitting on her bed, and shook his head.

"...It's sprained," The doctor said, looking up at Jimin.

"Doctor, I have a ballet performance in 4 days-"

"-You can't perform on pointe shoes with this kind of injury, Miss Yu," He nodded, "You need, at least, two weeks of rest."

Jimin puffed her cheeks as she breathed out heavily, trying to control her tears from leaking out. She had trained so hard to be a prima ballerina, and now that she had managed to get the role of her life, this had happened.

"You'll have a treatment consisting of anti-inflammatory medicines and you need to rest and eat well for the meantime, Miss Yu."

She nodded, and the doctor lift up, bowing down in respect as the nurse who assisted him applied some cream on Jimin's ankle and then wrapped it tightly with a bandage.

"Thank you very much for coming here, doctor," Her father said, as the doctor bowed at him with uttermost respect. He then observed as the nurse finished bandaging his daughter's ankle, and eventually left the bedroom after the doctor.

Jimin took in a deep breath and looked down, leaning her hand down to carefully touch her bandaged ankle. She hissed as she felt the pain shot through her system, and bit her lip.

"...Useless child."

Jimin lifted her head up and looked at her father, knowing right away that such a remark was directed at her. Her father stood there, staring at her coldly without moving a single bit.

"Do you know why those things happen?"Her father questioned her, nodding his head slowly, "This happens when someone doesn't train enough. This happens when someone does not put enough effort in what she's doing. This happens," He stopped for a moment, before continuing, "Because you're the worst ballerina ever seen in South Korea, hold on, by the whole world I meant-"

"-Mr Yu, Miss Jimin's been working exceptionally hard these past weeks-"

"-If she really was working hard, she wouldn't be like this right now. Looking fucking pitiful and useless as she truly is," He lowered down his view, turning around, "I don't even know why in the hell I spent my money to make her learn ballet..."

...

"Noona, thank you so much for treating us to lunch," Beomgyu said, showing his cousin his childish smile. Jimin chuckled and shook her head, putting some Samgyeopsal to her plate, parting her lips as she brought it to her mouth to eat it.

She munched on the food, before looking up at her cousins, "You don't need to thank me. I just felt like you should have a good meal before you go back to America."

Soobin nodded, "Seriously, Jimin ah. You have such a good taste when it comes to restaurants, this Ssambap is something to die for!"

Jimin gulped down on her food, "Mmm, I know. Giselle showed me this place some years ago...I've been addicted ever since."

Beomgyu nodded, digging on his Bossam, "This is so freaking good that I don't even know how in the hell I didn't find this restaurant before. This will definitely be a compulsory stop the next time I come back to Korea."