Chapter 27

Sorry for being gone for a while. I'm taking summer classes rn and I got a little busy, but I'll try to keep up with my updates daily again. Oh, and we only need two more votes for chapter 20 and 12 more votes for chapter 21 to reach our goal. We're almost there!!

...Beep...

...Beep...

...Beep...

...Beep...

The middle aged woman couldn't help herself but let some tears escape out of her eyes as she stared down at the barely-alive female lying on the bed, an oxygen mask covering half of her face.

Her trembling fingers met her not-so-warm cheek, caressing it lightly.

"Sweetheart..." She whispered, sitting down on the border of the bed. She looked at her arms, IV tubes connected to them...heart sensors under her hospital shirt, stuck to her chest. Her messy black hair.

She reached out for her warm hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Minjeong ah...it's eomma."

No answer.

"Ah, it's been a long time since I heard you talking for the last time," She chuckled sadly, her voice tone denoting some desperation in the deepest tones of it.

She breathed in, wiping her tears away,

"I miss hearing your voice, honey."

She bit her lip; uncertain of how she should handle that kind of situation. It had already been 5 years, almost 6, since her daughter had entered a long coma. And she wouldn't show a single sign that she would wake up any soon.

"...That day...You insisted on unboxing the new merchandise...I told you to cover up because it was raining but you went out with a simple t-shirt and a leather jacket."

"You said to me...You said that it would be alright...that nothing important could happen..."

She sobbed and kissed her palm, caressing her cheek.

"We need you back, Minjeong...I miss my little girl..."

"...Jimin..." She began, remembering about the person her daughter loved the most, "She has suffered so much, sweetheart...She would give everything to have you back," She smiled and kissed her hand again, "She has done so much for us, honey. She even paid for the arrangements of the supermarket, and I don't even know if I can give her her money back," Taeyeon whispered at the end, "You know, that when she began working at the aquarium she took all of her money out of her bank account, because she wanted to live of what she earned...She had nearly 3 billion won in that bank account and she gave up on her money."

Taeyeon smiled and looked intently at her daughter.

"Do you know what she told me?"

Taeyeon bit her lip, breathing out a soft smile.

"She told me she wanted to earn her living honestly, like you."
______________________________________________________________________

Jimin packed her things and closed her shoulder bag, apparently ready to go. She hummed a song and looked around her office, smiling proudly...yet, it was a smile full of sadness. She had studied so hard. Really hard. She studied so much not because she had yet to finish her marine biology course...

...but because she wanted to forget.

She wanted to forget what had happened to her.

She wanted to forget them.

She wanted to move on.

She tried to forget all those hurtful memories everyday...Every single day of her existance was a torture for her. She had thought that, the moment she stopped going to the mental ward of the hospital, she would be cured.