Chapter 34

2 months After

Taeyeon was so focused on cleaning the floor of her supermarket's storage room that she didn't even notice that someone had entered inside. Only when she heard the familiar tingling sound of the sea shells hanging next to the door, she woke up from her cleaning trance.

"Coming!"

She wore her best smile and walked out from the storage room, making herself ready to welcome her newest client. However, that grin fell off after seeing who was there standing on their feet.

She just couldn't believe her eyes.

The young black haired woman smile shyly at her mother and waved her hand.

"Hello."

Her mop fell to the floor and she ran towards her, hugging her like she was some kind of precious treasure. She just couldn't measure her happiness as she saw her walking. She remembered the doctors telling her that, probably, she would never be able to walk again after such a tragic accident, let alone the sole possibility of surviving.

"Minjeong ah...You can walk!"

She couldn't even believe her eyes. Last time she was with her daughter, she was walking with crutches and barely moved her legs. But then, right in that moment, it was just so many feelings crossing her mind.

"Oh my god...I...I just don't know what to say,"

She broke the hug and covered her face with her palms.

"God...you seem so healthy now."

"I'll start going to the gym tomorrow," Minjeong replied back, still grinning widely as always.

She shook her head in disbelief.

"You foolish young girl...it was Sunoo shii who told you that, right? Don't you think it's too early for you to do such kind of exercises?"

Minjeong laughed along with her mother.

"No...I just want to keep myself fit and healthy."
______________________________________________________________________

She looked once more at her paperwork and sighed deeply. She had to bury herself into that amount of papers so that her work today would finish earlier than usual. She had to analyze every single animal condition so that she could be quick to contact the vet if necessary.

"Aigoo..."

She fummed and then looked at her phone.

She was thinking about Jeno and the conversation she'd held with her best friend hours earlier.

...

"Jimin, are you sure?"

Jimin nodded, biting her lip. She looked up at Giselle and smiled, making her best friend look at her worriedly. Jimin could perfectly see the anxiousness in Giselle's eyes. She knew Giselle was more than worried about her decision. But, after having the chance of taking care of that baby, she could already see herself taking care of her own family.

"It's the best for me. I need to move on and forget."

"Forget your son? Forget Min-"

"-Please don't mention her name again."

Jimin closed her eyes and breathed out, sighing.

"I'm marrying Jeno and that's it."

Giselle nodded, biting her lip as she looked intensely at the older female that was sitting on the couch.