Chapter 68

Minjeong looked up at Giselle, as she paused a cup of coffee in front of her. Minjeong gave her a soft smile and bowed her head lightly for a moment, as if thanking her for bringing a cup of coffee. She replied back with a warm grin and sat just opposite to Minjeong in the hospital cafeteria, pausing her own latte in front of her.

"Your sister talked to the doctor," Giselle began, opening the lid so that she could pour some sugar inside, "The doctor told her Rina's doing just fine and she'll be alright soon. Also, she's recovering really well from the surgery," She sighed, "But she'll stay in the ICU for a couple days more. She's a little fragile."

Giselle stirred her latte with a plastic spoon before putting back the lid again, and held the cup in her hands as she stared at Minjeong gulping down some sips of her beverage.

"How's Minji?"

"My mother is taking care of her now," Minjeong muttered, "She's growing up fine. And there's another revision tomorrow," She ended, holding her cup on her right hand as her left was paused comfortably on her right arm, elbow resting on the table.

"...I'm sorry for hiding this from you all this long."

Minjeong shook her head, her lips slightly curving up, "It's okay. I understand that Jimin thought it would be the best for me."

Giselle chuckled, taking a sip of her latte.

"You know, when you had that accident...Jimin was a mess. Besides, her father told her that the only way he could assume that the child was a boy was to pass it as Jeno's."

Minjeong immediately stopped in her tracks, not wanting to believe on what she was listening to.

"...What?"

Giselle sighed, "Jimin and Jeno's relationship was pretty serious to some point. There even were rumors that they were going to get married soon, and that was actually true. They didn't know about you and the relationship both of you had, Minjeong. So, after they broke up and she went to Switzerland, there were lots of rumors about them possibly getting back together because they still loved each other and stuff...So Jimin's father wanted to use it to cover up your relationship with her and make people believe that they were going back together and that they would also get married soon."

Minjeong scoffed, shaking her head; trying to restrain herself from doing something to Jimin's father right at that moment.

"But Rina," Giselle began, "She knew that if she went on with that lie, your family wouldn't be allowed to visit your son so she refused right away. She said, 'that baby is a Kim and he'll always be a Kim'. Her father got mad and ignored her from there on."

"...I should have been there for her."

"It wasn't your fault, Minjeong. It was an accident, and accidents happen."

Minjeong shook her head, taking in a shaky breath, "I don't even know how she...How she could move on from this, I-I...She never listens to what she should do, and I do hate it sometimes."

Giselle chuckled silently.

"She's always putting herself behind the others...I also wish she would be a little more selfish sometimes," Giselle shook her head, chuckling again, "I guess that's the reason why she's always had troubles with her dad," She paused for a moment, "You know Minjeong...She had a very strict and complete education. Her father wanted her to be the best of the best in everything she did. He wanted her to be the best student, the best ballerina, the best pianist...He wanted her to represent the family and bring good fame to their name...He wanted her to be respected in the elite. He never liked how kind-hearted she was...He always told her that, to be successful, she had to think of herself only."