The morning

Monday 20th May

6:30AM
She woke up by the sound of the alarm.. once again. Got changed in a nice pastel pink type of dress since summer was right around the corner, put her long, wavy brunette hair in a high ponytail and went downstairs to grab some breakfast.

Freddie was already at the table, eating a couple of pancakes while playing video games on his phone. She went to go up to the fridge to grab a breakfast bar when she heard a loud voice coming from the bathroom.

'KAY YOUR BREAKFAST IS ON THE SIDE, I'LL BE RIGHT WITH YOU!', she turns around to see the pancakes lying there with a strawberry on top.

'THANKS DAD' surprised cause pancakes aren't really her usual..

Kayla goes to sit down at the table when Freddie tells her that she needs to wear make up. She tells him to shut up which then her mother comes down the stairs.

'Don't tell your brother to shut up Kayla' while positioning her necklace in the mirror.

'But he literally told me to put make up on!'

This is when her father now comes down and tries to calm everyone down. 'How about we just eat our breakfast and go to where we need to be.. and Kayla just ignore Freddie you know how he can be' he says while giving his wife a kiss on the cheek.

'Eww gross' Freddie says as he's watching them in awe.

Kayla takes her pancake to go as she just can't handle everyone always picking at her. 'I'm going to school I'll see you all later.' She says as she gets up from her seat to leave.

'Bye hunny have a good day.' Says her mother while taking Freddie's plate to go wash it up.

7:30AM
As she closes the door, Kayla goes on her phone to text Ruby that she's coming to her house. As she goes down the street , she passes one of her neighbour who just stares at her walking past. Feeling uneasy, she goes to check her phone to see if Ruby's replied.

'Leavin already girl u don't even give me a chance to put my clothes on! I'm still in my frickin pajamas' as Kayla reads the text, laughing to herself, she looks up and realises she's not the only one on the street.

Walking on the other side, is a guy. A guy she's never seen before. She would remember seeing him anyways, with that dark blonde hair flowing in the wind and that side profile.. omg Kayla had to control herself. She had to stop looking but she couldn't. She just couldn't..

Kayla kept walking faster and faster until she couldn't see the guy anymore. She had no idea what just happened, she's never felt that way and yet she acted in one of the most stupidest ways known to man. Eventually she got up to Ruby's house. She's always remember it cause it had a red door and no other house had a door quite like it. She'd even call it the 'Ruby' door cause it was quite literally, a Ruby door.

7:40AM
Knocking on the door, it opens to Ruby's mum answering it. 'Kayla! Come in, make yourself comfortable. Ruby will be down shortly'. Ruby's mum was known to everyone as Lucy, and Kayla was basically Lucy's second daughter. No matter what, Kayla always knew she had somewhere to go to and that was Lucy's!

'Hey Luce, how you been' she said trying to make some chit-chat will waiting for Ruby. 'Oh I've been good, nothing much going on with me these days, what about you how are you darling?' Lucy had a strong accent, she grew up in the posh side of London and came her to Penny Hills for a fresh start. 'I'm good thanks for asking!' Kayla didn't know what to say really so she just chose the basic response. 'IM GOOD TOO MUM' running down the stairs, Ruby said out of breath.

Ruby wore a denim jacket with a white crop top and and shorts. She's always been the shorts type of girl and Kayla's always been the dress type.

7:55AM
'Bye mum love youuu' Ruby said as she tried to rush out the door. 'Excuse me young lady where's my hug?' Lucy said quickly before Ruby's body was out the door. 'Fineeee' they both had a hug and the way that Kayla was watching, you could see the look. The look where she wanted that 'mother-daughter hug'.

'Ok now make sure you do not get in trouble, can't have another parent-teacher meeting now can i' Lucy said while she was waving by to Ruby and Kayla. 'No promises!' Ruby said as she closed the door and ran down the driveway.