Prompt #2

Summary-> Kai returns from Hell, realising that he has a lot of making up to do with the woman that he loves, although she doesn't want to give him her forgiveness, he isn't deserving of it after the destruction that he released

Warnings-> angst, mentions of death, loss of magic

He could feel the judgement through her eyes, it made him feel sick - guilty. There was nothing he could do take back his past actions, but he could be better for his future ones. She was always the one that claimed that he wasn't an abomination, but now she was looking at him as though she had never thought that, as though she was like everybody else.

"Damon, how could you?" Her voice was hoarse as she squinted towards the vampire, exasperated by the situation before her very eyes. It showed that she was far past caring and had finally fallen down the hole of thinking Kai Parker was a monster. She'd been there at the wedding, she saw the destruction that he had caused, the carnage that had came from his endless chaos. There was bitterness on her tongue as she looked at him.

"Y/n, this isn't about you and him," it never had been, Kai thought, "we're all trying to stop Cade. Mister lactose intolerant here included," Damon cringed as he remembered Kai's stomach problem in the diner, "so we might as well work together. It's nothing personal and he's the only one that can bring Elena back." Of course, he had to be getting something out of it other than defeating the most dangerous enemy that they had faced.

Y/n was friends with Elena, but that had obviously never mattered to Kai, he only wanted to cause an outrage of pain, and she was the one still suffering from it. Her y/e/c eyes rolled as she crossed her arms, the only emotion boiling in her body being outrage. "And what, he's going to be the one to turn me human again after I died along with his sister and countless others? You saved me Damon, and for that I am grateful, but this... this I'm sure as hell not."

Kai's eyes widened from her words, staring at her. Not only had he massacred the last of his coven and snapped the necks of vampires, but he had killed the only person he held any emotion for. It felt like he were being staked in the heart, he knew how it felt to be a witch without power, but now y/n wasn't even that. She wasn't a witch any longer because she had no time to heal, and she had succumbed to death with poison in her system. She'd turned, and he hadn't even been there to hold her for her final moments.

"Y-y/n..." there was a lump within his throat, making it rather unbearable to even breathe. He had told her that she shouldn't have gone to the wedding of Alaric and Jo, but she had never been one to listen. And then she had tried to stop him... It was all his fault, their powers collided as she grew weak, blood pouring out from the wound in her stomach from the splintered roof, and then she watched Damon kill him.

There wasn't a single thing that he could do to make things right, he realised that. She should never have trusted him, otherwise dying from his fault wouldn't have pained her so much. They'd been the Romeo and Juliet of the present, sneaking into the forbidden depths of romance despite the resent that her friends held towards him. And now that was over, and Kai knew that it would be a tough road to even get close to where they had once been.

"Save it heretic, there's not a single thing that you could ever say to fix the damage that you caused. But we can all work together for the greater good." A scoff escaped from y/n's mouth at Damon's words, followed by a roll of her y/e/c eyes. Damon was always so selfish, thinking of his closer circle of his brother and his lover rather than those that he called his friends. He should have understood y/n's angry despair, he had experienced the same new bloodlust that chipped at his humanity.

But he had never experienced his entire beliefs ripped away from him; y/n's magic was gone, and there was not a single route that she could go do to resurrect it. It had been the biggest part of who she was, and it was gone, much like how she wanted Kai to be. He'd betrayed her, broke her heart, and worst of all, caused the downfall of her existence. She had to hate him, otherwise she couldn't stand herself for feeling anything else for him. "The greater good would be detaching his head from the rest of his body again." She said ferociously, nostrils flaring as her breaths were laboured from her fuelled aggression.

"Ouch." Kai muttered, feeling a pang in his heart from her words. He'd never wanted to harm her in the slightest, but for the majority of his life he had never gotten what he wanted. He wanted to beg her for forgiveness, and whilst he knew that he didn't deserve it, he couldn't help but allow the plea to fall from his lips. "I've changed. Give me another chance." For a moment he wished he had said not a single thing as y/n sped towards him, boiling tears restrained within her eyes. She were vulnerable in his presence, Damon knew that as he stood in the background as a watcher. He wanted to intervene, to protect his friend who had become heartbroken because of this monster, but he understood that she had to do this - had to put him in his place.

"Damon, could you give us a moment?" What?! Y/n had to be delusional if she thought he would willingly leave her alone with Kai Parker, the man that had caused him to turn one of his best friends into a blood sucking creature. She'd supposed to have fulfilled the closest to a human life out of all of their friends, but all because of him she hadn't gotten the luxury that they had all wished for. He was worried to leave her alone with Kai, she'd either fall down into the depths of her unreasonable emotions for him again, or kill him, and as much as Damon hated to admit it, they needed him at the moment.

"Are you sure?" He tried to read her eyes but she wouldn't meet his eyes, instead her glare was directed at the heretic that had broken her heart all over again. Y/n was always and had always been one stubborn girl, she'd defended her relationship with Kai when it had first become knowledge to all of her friends, but she had always been loyal to those that cared most about her. Damon wouldn't allow her growth after her death to be jeopardised all because of a sociopath that had feelings for her. Finally her eyes reached his, they were drenched with the pain and sorrow that her old lover had caused, and Damon finally understood that whatever she wanted to say to him or do to him was necessary. "Okay."

Damon sent her a comforting smile, before finally and adamantly leaving the room. Kai felt a swell of hope rise in his chest when she looked at him, perhaps he could redeem himself in her eyes one final time. Kai took another dangerous step towards her, craving her personal space to be wrapped around him. "Can you ever forgive me?" His voice cracked, she had been the only person not to see him as a monster and he had messed that up to. It was the reason why a person dared not give a cat a mouse, it was life threatening, and she had died all because of him. She frowned, staring up at him with her stunning y/e/c eyes, shooting daggers into his form as though he were the enemy instead of Cade.

"Not in a million years." She answered hun truthfully, gnawing on her lip as she held back the tears that had formed in her eyes. "It will take forever for me to ever want you back in my life, after what you did, I lost myself. You're so damn selfish," her hands pounded on his chest, in her attempts not to break down from the sheer anguish that his presence made her feel. "If you had just let bygones be bygones, there may have been a chance for us, but you couldn't just let it go for once in your life, or for me. I know that I couldn't have stopped you from killing Jo, when you set your mind to something it's a fixation, and it doesn't matter who gets in your way."

"I'll wait then." Kai spoke seriously, daringly holding her elbows in his hands, staring honestly into her face. His eyes traced every crease that her confused frown burdened her face formed, taking in every detail even though she would never age again. "Forever will be here before I know it, and until then, I'll do whatever you want, just to ease the pain that I have caused. I never had the intention to take anything from you, much less your reason to live, but I will try my best every day, just for you." He should have known at the wedding that she would have entangled herself in the crossfire, and that she would have tried to stop him.

Y/n deserved so much better than the pain that he had given him, but as she had stated, he was selfish, and he needed her. He missed every fibre of her being that had tried to send him on the right track, but here they both were, monsters in their own flesh, mixed emotions moulded between them like a wall. If he'd had any sense, he would have understood that y/n's stubbornness and loyalty had enhanced, and neither laid towards him, not after his murderous schemes. But he was adamant to change that, and fix himself into a better man for her along the way. He'd make her death have reason, so that after forever, they would have their fresh chance together.