Brekkie

Summary -> Damon makes breakfasts for you with your daughter after he comforts her from a bad dream

Warnings -> fluff, mentions of Damon's past and death, child abandonment

Life as a vampire deprived those turned of many thugs, the greatest punishment for Damon being unable to have children. He had always thought when he was much younger that when he met a nice woman he would have the ability to settle down, and give her the greatest gift of all in the form of a child.

But when he met you, the blessing of a child had already fallen upon you prior to meeting Damon. It hurt him knowing that he could never be a father of his own, but without Tiff having a male parent in the picture, it gave Damon the opportunity to step up. He awoke from his heavenly slumber from being shaken restlessly on his bare shoulder by a small hand that was no doubt pining for his attention.

As his eyes peeled open, as expected he was met with the sight of Tiff. Her wide blue eyes were staring up at him, and if he had no recollection of his past, from a few attributes of her appearance he would have been convinced that she was his long lost daughter. "Tiffy, why are you up so early sweetie?"

In her presence, he felt like a whole new man. He forgot all the terrible things he had done as his sole focus was on her. "I couldn't sleep Damon..." Her voice was small and it trailed off into a silence that scared the man before her. It pained him to hear her minuscule heart having a rave in her chest, yet simultaneously he was comforted that she found solace in her sleepless state in him.

You remained comatised in the depths of your dreams as Dam0n helped Tiff up onto the bed, she laid between the both of you, hugging on of the pillows on the bed. "I get bad dreams sometimes too."" He confided in her, reaching to hold her hand with his own. She gripped it tightly, fearful as though Damon would disappear from beside her.

"What are they about? Your bad dreams I mean..." Tiff was a very inquisitive child, and was well educated in her speech for her age. He would never answer her question truthfully, there were far too many sins he had partaken in. There was guilt wrapped around the remainder of his soul like a parasite, and most things he had done were too violent to share. The little girl before him deserved to keep her innocence, she was a the purest light in his life, and he refused to corrupt her.

"Well Tiffy, when I was younger, so a really long time ago, me and my brother would play around the garden with a football. Neither him or my dad if he dared dirty his clothes never let me win. And I miss my mom, she wasn't in my life then, she left us... me." To know Lily hadn't died but in fact abandoned him and. Stefan only pained him furthermore, it had been her choice to leave him in the custody of his neglectful father.

"Oh. Mine was you left mommy and me, like my real daddy did." His heart ached from hearing her words. "You're kinda like my dad, aren't you? You're here protecting us, and you make the bad dreams go away. Do you think mommy's having a good or bad dream?" To think she saw him as a parent figure made Damon feel proud about his journey, he'd come such a long way and finally, he had everything that he had ever wanted.

In reply to her enquiry his eyes trailed past Tiff and rested on his beloved. Your face was rested peacefully atop of the pillow beneath your head, strands of hair laying softly on your cheek. It was a rare occasion that you weren't unconsciously kicking him, but he guessed that your maternal instincts sensed that your daughter was between the two of you.

"A good dream." He answered her, thinking about how perfect his life was in the moment. "But it'd be even better if we woke her up with some brekkie." He insisted as he laid a kiss on Tiff's hairline, helping her clamber off from the mattress gently, as to not awaken you prematurely. They trailed through the hallway and down the stairs to the kitchen, Damon picking Tiff up and sitting her on the countertop. "What do you think we should make, kid?"

"Pancakes!" The child exclaimed, and Damon had to remind her to be soft with her voice as you were still sleeping upstairs. Or so they thought... your bare feet had followed the route they had taken some moments later, and as they made use out of the frying pan, you watched the two of them from the doorway. A small part of you had wished they'd woken you up so that you could join them and teach them some culinary skills that would deplete the mess they had made around them, however the sight you had was everything.

The three of you were one big happy family. "And the two of you are making what exactly?" Halloween costumes would have been your first guess for when they spun around, the flour that they had used as an ingredient illuminated the high points of their faces. Tiff gave you a toothy smile as Damon blew you a kiss before returning to the pan that was hissing for his attention.

"We're making pancakes, right daddy?" You froze, and Damon ignored that the cooking breakfast required a flip to its other side when the title escaped her mouth. She had never called Damon that before, but it justified Damon's appearance of flour on his face and a towel slung over his shoulder. "Is that okay baby?" Damon asked you with uncertainty tied around his tongue.

You stood there, remembering all of the milestones and moments that Tiffany's biological father had missed but Damon had been there for. She loved drives in his Camaro, he'd take her out for ice cream after he collected her from kindergarten thinking you didn't know but you did. It was difficult to be against Damon being her 'daddy', because in all aspects he was. "It's more than okay. But I don't think the breakf- sorry, brekkie is; smells like it's burning."