Somebody That I Used To Know*

Summary-> The Salvatores call Y/N Mikaelson for aid, however they don't expect for her to have a history with Kai Parker (4k)

Warnings-> 18+ minors dni, smut, unprotected sex, shower sex, porn with plot, mentions of death, blood drinking, swearing, fluff & angst, mentions of bad parenting and adultery, mentions of child abuse and imprisonment

Kai had never been a romantic, that much was blatantly obvious, or so he told himself. To even think about being in love opened a wound inside of him, and it refused to heal. He had been raised in hell before his family sent him to an isolation that was impossible for him to escape, however they had never expected or anticipated intruders to enter his coven crafted prison world, but the improbably became possible when the other side fell. And now he was free, to an extent, with supervision of course.

Stefan rushed into the room with urgency in his steps, bearing news as he reached his brother - and Kai. They tolerated him, after all the evil-doings he had spewed in the form of massacres, realising that now he was a heretic he had some use other than drinking magic like a drug addict fiending for a hit. Things were always tense when his magic was required, but the group of supernatural heroes (and Matt unfortunately) understood that to protect the town indefinitely, his troublesome hand definitely helped. Though he wasn't one of them, his singular use other than being a pest was to be a weapon. It was ironic really considering they had stopped, or at least tried, him from killing his family, and now he was doing their bidding murdering at their beck and call.

"Y/n's on her way, she would have been here sooner but there was some trouble in New Orleans that she had to resolve." The name of the woman that Stefan was referring to struck a fragile, hard to find nerve in Kai's erratic brain, he had known a woman by the same name a long time ago... She had been unstoppable, as any original vampire would be. Y/n Mikaelson, a dead beauty whom was one of a kind, she had seen an endless variety of monsters in her achingly long life, and unlike everyone else that Kai had known, she didn't see him as one.

He was just a man, and she was- walking in the Salvatore home apparently? It couldn't be, be surely had to be hallucinating. The last time that he had seen her, she had bid him goodbye, promising to see him the following day, when in reality he didn't. Klaus had staked her with a pale dagger, catching her beautiful and dormant corpse in an old fashioned casket, taking her comatosed body half way across the globe. He saw the scene of her struggle, but not her. Kai was speechless, he never thought he'd see her again, when they had met he had just been a siphon, and now he was more like her than he'd ever imagined.

Their eyes locked and time stood still for a moment, before she gave him a cold shoulder, turning her attention to the Salvatores, Stefan less than amused with her appearance. Kai hardly noticed but she was drenched from head to toe in blood, her skin flooded by the remnants of her victims. "Don't look at me like that, I'm here, aren't I?" Damon quirked a brow at the original which caused the old one to huff out an exaggerated sigh. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you what I had to do to get here to save your asses, so I'm not even going to bother. So what's first on the agenda?"

"You can take a shower, you know where it is." Damon nodded his head at her, and Kai was inclined to squint at the interaction but decided it best not to pry in case he discovered something he'd rather not have. Y/n turned on her heel and contently plodded up the stairs within the mansion, leaving red footsteps in her wake, luring Kai to follow her trail. He stood, beginning on his journey to know the reason for her ignorance of him, he wanted to understand the pain that he felt that was unlike any other that he had experienced.

Surely she couldn't have forgotten him, it had been a long time for him, but in relation to those she had lived, it would have been as though they had met yesterday. The younger of the two Salvatore brothers stepped forward, wanting to severe Kai's secret mission into a failure of efforts, however Damon held his arm out, silently ordering Stefan to remain where he was. "Let him be a peeping tom, worst that will happen is she'll rip his loveless heart out." To then Kai was an expendable weapon, there was only so much use that they had for him. They didn't need to kill him, he'd be the cause for his own end, and there would be no one to mourn him, even if his family were alive.