Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

Joe drives to school and picks up the girls. They have to serve detention for a week because they accidentally beat up a school security guard thinking she was a student.

Joe tried not to laugh when he was told that but it was funny as hell because how small did she have to be to be mistaken as a student?

"Man, come on," Joe tells the girls while ignoring the glares from the other girls' parents as they comfort their daughters.

"I bet they won't try it again though," Jayla said, mean-mugging one of the girls.

"You know your dad is going to be mad," Joe tells Jayla.

"Was I supposed to sit there and watch them try to jump my cousins?" Jayla asked him as they walked to the car. "I know you never sat there and watched my dad get jumped," She added.

Joe nods.

"Okay, you have a point," Joe said.

"Of course, I do," Jayla said.

They make it to the house where Trinity and Jon pull up the driveway at the same time as them. Jon takes off his belt and Jayla takes off running across the yard while Trinity yells at Jon to stop it.

"He's embarrassing, he isn't even mad for real," Trinity said, hiding her face behind her hand.

"I said get back here! You're grown now, fighting, right? Then come fight this belt!" Jon shouted.

Fahayra and Galina walk out of the house.

"Did we win?" Fahayra asked the girls.

"Baby, I'm an Anoa'i, we don't lose," Khaila answered.

"Get into one fight and think you're a badass," Fahayra said, laughing.

"I am my mother's daughter," Khaila said.

"Nah, y'all get your fighting skills from me," Joe said.

"I don't know, Dad, I've seen our moms fight, you can't compete with those skills," Joelle said.

Everyone laughs.

"Jon, leave that girl alone and get in the house before I beat you with that belt," Fahayra said.

Jon stops chasing Jayla and rushes into the house.

"Damn, she sounds just like my momma," Jon said.

Everyone laughs and goes into the house.

"They got detention for a week since we already reported that the girl was messing with them," Joe told Jon, Trinity, Fahayra, and Galina.

"So, how did it go down?" Trinity asked the girls.

"Well, I was in line for food while Joelle and Jayla were waiting for me then Morgan walked up to me and made slick comments before she knocked the tray out of my hand, her friends circled me, and I just knew to swing after that," Khaila answered.

"Then Joelle drops her book bag and goes flying and jumps in so I drop my things and just start pulling and punching whoever," Jayla added.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to jump like that on everyone but my mind just went into protection mode and I just wanted them off of my sister," Joelle said.

"You guys did the right thing but let's not make this a normal occurrence," Galina said.

Jayla's phone goes off and she pulls out to see that a video was sent to her. She plays the video and it is the fight.

"Welp, our fight is on Twitter and they named us and our parents on it," Jayla said.

Jon chuckled.

"Welp looks like we gotta go do damage control," Jon told Joe.

Joe nods.

"Nah, I get it," Fahayra said, pulling out her phone.

"Don't call them people kids raggedy in your statement, Fah," Trinity said.

Fahayra pauses before deleting her first sentence.

Joe shakes his head.

"Okay, I kept it cute," Fahayra said.

Fahayra Mattio Anoaʻi✅
@FahayraMattioAnoai

We have always taught our children to be respectful and to keep their hands to themselves unless they feel that they are left with no choice but to defend themselves and that's exactly what they did.

3:56 PM • 3.1M Views