Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One | Redo and Rewind

Date 📆 July 2023

Fahayra loses her footing and lands in Joe's arms.

"Wow. Are you okay?" Joe asked Fahayra.

"I'm okay," Fahayra answered.

Joe smiled at Fahayra. After a week of not talking, Fahayra finally said something.

"You're talking again," Joe said.

Fahayra quickly pulls away from him. Joe places his hands on his hips.

"What were you doing?" Joe asked her.

"I need that suitcase," Fahayra told him.

Joe grabs the suitcase for her.

"What do you need it for?" Joe asked her as Fahayra opens the suitcase and starts putting clothes in it.

"I'm going away for a while," Fahayra answered.

Joe raises an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I talked to Khloe and she invited me for a girls' trip so I'm going to be gone for a while," She answered.

Fahayra and Khloe had been exchanging text messages for a couple of days and Khloe decided that she would take Fahayra on vacation to help get her mind off of things.

"I'm taking the younger kids with me so you won't be overwhelmed," She told him.

Joe scoffed.

"I can handle our kids very well on my own," He said.

"With you going on the road soon, boy bye," She said.

She was right. He had a light schedule but still, it would be hard for him to manage all the kids on his own.

"And where exactly where are you going?" He asked.

"Costa Rica," She answered.

"Are you taking Holt too?" He asked.

"I'm taking Kyanne, Fenix, Felix," She started to answer before pausing. "And if it's okay with Galina and you, Holt too," She added.

"Of course, it's okay with me," He said.

Fahayra nods.

"How long will you be gone for?" He asked as he followed her around the room as she picked out stuff to pack.

Fahayra shrugged.

"Maybe a week or two," She answered.

The next day, Fahayra and the kids left for their trip. Joe was in stalker mode. He was watching Fahayra's Instagram story where she shared a photo of herself and the kids boarding Khloe's sister Kylie's private jet.

Joe also watched the video montage of the flight that Fahayra shared in her story. He put his phone down and sighed. This was what he wanted for her to get away from everything and have fun.

Hopefully, by the time she comes back, she is in a better place and they can move forward.

Meanwhile, in Costa Rica, Fahayra and Khloe were sitting poolside, talking about their recent dramas.

"Do you think Tristan purposefully does things to keep you around?" Fahayra asked Khloe.

Khloe nods.

"Sometimes I think that but then I'm like no I'm giving him too much power over me," Khloe answered.

"I feel like that with Joe, you know, this is the first time I'm not around him since I found out he cheated," Fahayra said.

"Really? He didn't leave the house," Khloe said.

"Nope, he moved into the guest room, I may aside from him going on the road for work, but I never got that time away from him," Fahayra said.

"Do you think that's why you're having trouble dealing with everything?" Khloe asked her.

Fahayra nods.

"Khloe, I went mute for a week that's how badly I shut down from everything. I only did that once before and that was back when I was a kid after my mom told me she was divorcing my dad," Fahayra explained to Khloe.

"Yeah, you need to this vacation," Khloe said.

"I do, hopefully, Joe doesn't contact me while we're here, maybe I'll finally find some answers away from him," Fahayra said.

"This will be good for you," Khloe said.

Khloe brings up how she's trying to distance herself from Tristan but he's not taking her seriously. She wants to be in a good place in her life but Tristan isn't letting that happen.

"You know what I think you should start dating, maybe that will get him to back off," Fahayra suggested.

"I already tried that," Khloe said.

"No, you didn't try it with the right one," Fahayra said.

Khloe raised her eyebrows at Fahayra.

"Who do you have in mind?" Khloe asked her.

Fahyara smiled.

"Oh, I'm setting you up with a good one," She answered.

"Okay, I'll trust your choice," Khloe said.

[A|N: Who should Fahayra set Khloe up with? Comment below so I can see what you guys think.]