Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven | Catya's News

Date 📆 July 2023

Catya walks in and throws her purse on the chair in Fahayra's office.

"Um... hello?! What's going on?!" Fahayra asked, confused about Catya's behavior.

"I'm pregnant," Catya tells Fahayra.

Fahayra is shocked.

"I thought you guys didn't want any more kids," Fahayra said.

"We didn't but it still happened," Catya said.

"Well, congratulations, I think," Fahayra said.

Catya tears up.

"It's going to be okay, Cat," Fahayra said as she reached out to her sister to comfort her. "How did you find out?" She asked her.

"Went in to get my birth control shot and came out with a sonogram," Catya answered.

"Oh, you poor baby, what are you going to do? How far along are you?" She asked her.

"Six weeks and I don't know," Catya answered.

She slowly opened the door and stepped into the hallway.

"Joe," Fahayra hissed, trying to get Joe's attention, who was sitting in the living room on his phone.

Joe jumped up and looked around before his eyes landed on Fahayra.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked her.

"I need lots of snacks, it's an emergency," Fahayra told him.

Joe nods.

"Okay, I got it," He said.

Fahayra went back into her office.

"So, how are you going to tell Victor?" Fahayra asked Catya.

"I'll just give him the sonogram, I don't know, maybe I should wait and drop hints," Catya answered.

"I think dropping hints could work but don't wait too long to tell him," Fahayra said.

Catya nods.

"So, what's going on with you and Joe? You guys seem different," Catya said.

Fahayra sighed.

"Well, we finally had a conversation and he acknowledged everything he did wrong. And I even found out some stuff," Fahayra said.

"What?" Catya asked.

"He wanted a divorce," She told her.

"What? Was it so he could be with Galina?" Catya asked.

Fahayra shakes her head no.

"No, he wanted a divorce before he cheated because he felt like he wasn't happy that our marriage was lacking in terms of emotional intimacy. He felt like at times he wasn't enough for me. He had a lot of hidden emotions that he couldn't address with me because he didn't know how to which I understand I probably would have dismissed him for feeling like that. Overall, I think our parents' relationships played a part in how we were handling our marriage," Fahayra explained to Catya.

"What do you mean?" Catya asked.

"Okay, you know sometimes Dad used to say things like mom was too emotional for him or things we witnessed. I tried to avoid that in my marriage and with Joe, his parents never dealt with their situation. They just separated and never addressed it, so I can see why Joe didn't know how to come to me about our issues. Now, I'm not saying he had the right to go out and cheat me because that was wrong as hell but I can see why it happened," Fahayra answered.

Catya was stunned. This Fahayra was a completely different person in front of her. Joe cheating on her has changed her mindset and attitude.

"What does this mean for you and him?" Catya asked.

"It means that we both need to work on ourselves to figure out if we can stay in this marriage or not. I don't want this cycle to be continued with our children. Childhood trauma is no joke and I don't want my kids to be resentful toward us in the future because we didn't put in the work to better ourselves," She responded.

"That makes sense. I guess I never really thought about how our parents' relationship could affect our relationships," Catya said.

Fahayra nods.

"I only figured it out because Kandi said something that sounded just like her mother when she was talking about her relationship with Joshua. I was like damn that sounds like our parents," She said.

"Kandi is her mother," Catya said.

Fahayra chuckled.

Joe walks in with a tray of snacks.

"Here you go," Joe said as he places the tray on the table.

"Thank you," She said.

"Thanks, Joe," Catya said.

"Welcome," He said before looking at Fahayra. "Do you need anything else?" He asked her.

"Nope, I'm good," She answered.

Joe leaves the room.

"He looks like a sad puppy," Catya said.

"Girl, it's so hard trying not to give in to him but I need to set boundaries like I don't want him to think he can try me like that ever again, you know," She said.

"Girl, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be up under your man even if he cheated. It's your life," Catya said.

"Yeah, but wanting to be up under him without fixing the issue is not okay with me," She said.

"You can do both. Fix the problem and be up under your man at the same time," Catya said.

"You just don't understand," She said.

"You're right. I don't," Catya said as she started eating.

"Now, do you want to listen to the song I recorded with Kandi?" She asked Catya.

"Play it," Catya replied.

Fahayra goes on her computer and plays the file of the song that Kandi sent to her.