Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four | Love Again

Date 📆 July 2023

After a week and a half in Costa Rica, Fahayra was back in the States. Joe had come to the airport to pick her and the kids up. After a nosey drive to the kids talking about their time in Costa Rica, Joe pulls up in the driveway.

Joe sighed as Fahayra hadn't said a thing. Maybe, she made her decision on the trip.

Fahayra, Joe, and the kids get out of the car. Joe grabs the suitcases from the trunk and walks towards the house.

She follows him into the house.

"We're home," Joe called out to the kids.

All the kids came running from wherever they were in the house to the foyer to greet their mother and younger siblings.

"Mom!" They screamed as they all hugged her.

"My babies," Fahayra says as she hugs them each with kisses on the cheeks.

"How was your trip?" Khaila asked her.

"It was amazing but I missed my babies so much," Fahayra answered.

"We missed you too," Karimah said.

"Come on guys, let your mom go get settled in," Joe said.

The kids go back to doing whatever they were doing and Joe takes Fahayra upstairs. Once they reach their bedroom, Joe walks into the closet and leaves the suitcases in the laundry room before going to the bathroom and Fahayra goes into the closet to place her purse on the vanity.

She walks back out as Joe comes out of the bathroom at the same time.

She looks at him.

"Joe," Her voice cracks as she starts to speak.

He looks at her with a worried look.

Ironically, they were in the same spot a year ago when Fahayra got the feeling that Joe was cheating on her.

"Are you okay? Is everything okay? How was your trip?" Joe asked her.

Fahayra walked up to Joe and placed her hands on his cheeks.

"I made my decision," Fahayra answered.

Joe started to tear up.

"What is it?" Joe asked.

Fahayra wiped away his tears.

"I'm staying. I want to fully give us another chance but if you hurt me again, I'm not divorcing you, I'm killing you," Fahayra answered with a smile that lets him know she is very serious.

Joe nods and lifts Fahayra into a hug.

"Thank you, baby. I promise you ain't regret it. I'll let you kill me if I fuck up again," Joe tells her.

Fahayra wraps her arms around his neck once Joe puts her down.

"Let's not tell anyone yet. I want to fix our marriage without everyone's opinions," Fahayra told him.

"Okay, but there's something I need to tell you," Joe said.

Fahayra raised her eyebrows at him.

"What is it?" Fahayra asked him.

"I had a conversation with your father," Joe answered as he stroked her face as he held her gaze.

Fahayra frowned.

"Please tell me you didn't beat up my father?" She asked Joe as she didn't need any more drama going on.

Joe shakes his head with a chuckle.

"I wanted to but we had a conversation and have come to an understanding," Joe answered.

"About what?" Fahayra asked him.

"About you," Joe replied.

Then he kissed her forehead.

"So if I call my dad right now, he won't be pissed or anything like that, right?" She asked him.

"No, he won't," He answered.

"Okay," She said.

"Thank you for giving us another chance," He said as hugged her tightly, and she rested her head against his chest.

"Please don't make me regret this, Joe," She whispered as she knew that this was just the start of something new but for some reason, she felt like something was missing.

Did she make the right choice? She hopes so.

"I won't," He reassured her.