Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight | Another Family Gathering

Date 📆 August 2023

1,011,912 likesfahayramattioanoai You only get nine months of holding your unborn this way, and then they grow so fast

1,011,912 likes
fahayramattioanoai You only get nine months of holding your unborn this way, and then they grow so fast.
View all 4,813 comments

Joe, Fahayra, and the kids were attending a family gathering. Fahayra was talking to her aunt-in-law when she felt someone wrapping their tiny arms around her legs.

Fahayra looked down and saw Holt. She hadn't seen him since his birthday. She missed the little guy so much that she couldn't help but squeal at the sight of him and bent down to pick him up, causing her aunt-in-law to give her an amused expression.

"Hi!" Holt said as he smiled up at her.

She smiled at him, rubbing his cheek.

"Holty, how are you?" She asked as he wrapped his arms around her neck.

"Good," Holt answered as he turned his head and greeted his grandaunt-in-law.

"I love how good you are with Joe and Galina's children," Her aunt-in-law said.

Fahayra smiled.

"Thank you," Fahayra said as Holt wrapped his arms and legs around Fahayra tighter. "Be careful, Holt," Fahayra told him as she rested his right leg on top of her baby bump.

"Sorry," Holt said as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"It's okay, so are you having fun?" Fahayra asked him.

"No," Holt answered.

Fahayra and her aunt-in-law laughed.

"The party must be boring for a kid of his age," Fahayra told her aunt-in-law.

Her aunt-in-law nodded.

"He's just like his father. Joe never liked family gatherings, too much socializing for him," She said.

Fahayra nodded, knowing how Joe gets with a large crowd if she or his favorite cousins aren't there.

"I'm surprised he even came this one," She stated.

After that Fahayra went to the dance floor with the kids, having a blast. Joe joined for like a second and that was to get Fahayra off her feet.

"You've been dancing all night, I know your feet are swollen," Joe said, dragging Fahayra off the dance floor.

Fahayra rolled her eyes.