Chapter 041 - The Stadium

Start from the beginning

Maybe that thick iron can protect them from the attack of the infected which is bare-handed. But if that car is surrounded by many, that car can't move, and they are trapped inside. That is why even though they were already inside the car, they were still super cautious.

"Alright, all is here. Let's proceed then." Said the male soldier.

"Please pray for the best, we need it. Shoot the stinky ball first." Said the car driver.

Now the soldier who previously acted as the ship driver gets another role which is controlling the 'catapult-gun'. On the rooftop of the car already modified, equipped with a gas-powered gun that can spit out a bullet in the shape of a ball. A special ball, of course, a ball with a strong scent of durian.

So after he aims correctly, he shoots the ball...

The ball falls to the crowd of the infected that gather at the entrance.

The infected kind of reacted to the ball at first, they were kind of aggressive and snarling. But after they realize it is not food, and it is very stinky for them, they start to avoid that ball.

"Wow, interesting..." Said Rory, and Qunn beside him already stood by with his camera to record what happened.

Now the entrance kind of already opened. So the armored car moves slowly...

Sometimes, there are infected who approach the armored car, they attack, smell, or try to identify that big-hard-skin-moving object. Some even jump onto the roof of the car and do the same. But after they try to identify that it is inedible, they start to let the car go. Well, of course, the car is also stinky for them because the car is also covered with durian scent.

"When the fourth of you come to the port, is this also happen all along your trip?" Rory asked.

"Ssstt... They maybe can hear us. Yes, this is the same thing that happened before. Enjoy it." The male soldier said.

After hearing the instructions, they all feel better to silent and keeping quiet.

The sound of BANG-in, BUMP-in, and growling is heard from inside the car from time to time. Yes, they are safe, but... Will you feel safe in that kind of situation?

The car moves slowly when passing the crowded area. They choose not to pull much attention. The logic may simply be like the lion in a savanna, if something hated-stinky moves slowly, the lion doesn't have an interest in pursuing it, and they may rather choose to avoid it. But if something moves fast, it may pull their interest to pursue it first.

After the situation is looser, the car starts to drive faster.

So now they already started to move fast, trying to avoid any other crowded area. But they are in the city, so the infected rarely stop to show up and try to pursue them.

"Wow, this is crazy. This is the first time I feel surrounded situation by them. Luckily this car is strong enough to protect us." Rory said.

"Just what you asked before. When we came to the port, we were also surrounded by them from time to time. When we arrive at the dock, we must wait approximately for one hour surrounded by them and hear that banging sound from inside. We kept quiet in this car for that long. Until they lose interest in us and step away from the car. As I said before, they may hate this durian smell, but if they have an interest in us, they kind of ignore it at first. Well, I assume like hungry lions, they ignore how stinky the skunk is if they are really hungry." The male soldier said.

Then they have no interest in talking about it for more. Because now if their car runs slower, they will feel the same situation again.

In silence, Ros and others of course try to peek outside through the tiny windows.