ten

I woke up the next morning with my face inches away from JJ's. We laid side by side in the bed, my hands under my cheek, him mirroring me.

He was still sleeping. His lips were parted slightly and every few moments he would exhale through his mouth, letting out the cutest little snore.

I couldn't help but smile at how innocent he looked when he slept. And when I remembered what happened last night, I smiled even bigger.

A part of me wished that I did forget. That it would have been another night where I was so high I would have done anything. I wondered if I would have done the same thing, had I been completely sober.

Deep down, I knew that I would have. The fact that I was still laying here, watching him sleep, and not wanting to immediately get out of the bed, meant that all of that was true.

He stirred lightly and I quickly turned my head, pretending to be staring at the ceiling. JJ let out an obnoxious yawn and began to stretch his entire body out across the bed. When he opened his eyes, he looked at me, quickly rubbed his eyes, and looked at me again.

"Mornin'."

His voice was scratchy and deep. He cleared his throat quickly and propped himself up on his elbows. I bit the inside of my cheek before giving him a small smile.

"Good morning," I replied, pulling myself up and leaning my back against a pillow. "Did you sleep okay?"

He nods softly beside me and I watch as his lips curve into a grin, and he tilts his head, peaking over at me.

"You know you talk in your sleep?"

I covered my eyes with my hands, curling my toes at the embarrassment.

"You're lying," I cringe. "I do not."

A deep laugh erupted from his chest and he turned on his side, completely facing me now. "I may be a lot of things, Jo. But a liar, is not one of them."

I blow a puff of air from my cheeks and shake my head back and forth as the two of us chuckle together in the bed. His eyes are beaming at me and I look away quickly, trying to hide the fact that his gaze was the reason my cheeks were flushed.

It's silent for a few minutes as I stare at the wall, and he stares at me. I feel him move closer to me, my breath catching in my throat as he grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"What are you doing, JJ?" I ask him softly, giggling quietly as his hand rests comfortably on my stomach. I look up at him, being met with his dimples and dazzling eyes. I try to control my breathing, fiercely aware of the fact that he was touching me, and staring at me so intently. "JJ?" I ask again.

His eyes quickly move back and forth between mine before opening his mouth to respond. Before he can get a word out, a knock at the door breaks us apart.

"JJ, I need you to come help me with something," John B speaks, opening the door and stopping when he sees the two of us in bed together. His eyes widen when he realizes exactly what he's looking at, and a smirk grows slowly on his face. "My bad, my bad," he mumbles, looking down to hide his grin before shutting the door.

I pulled myself out from under the covers quickly and pressed my hands to my face. "Shit, shit, shit," I mutter nervously. I stand up quickly and look around my for my clothes frantically. "Just my luck."

JJ stands up, his brows furrowed together as he watches me freak out.

"Josie, it's okay."

I continue searching for my shirt and shake my head. "No, no JJ, it's not fine. John B just walked in on us!"