"Uh..." I turned my head to Minho, who was holding his laugh for some reason. "Sure...?"

"Awesome!" Thomas turned his camera on as I did the same, attempting to hide Minho lying next to me. Thomas appeared on my screen, a mustache of milk above his lips. He smiled brightly. Newt and Winston were standing behind him. "So... where's your lover?"

I shot him a dirty glance. "Why did you want to video call?"

"Show me where Minho is." A deep grin formed on his face. "Right now!"

Minho let out a soft chuckle, one Thomas couldn't hear from the other side of the phone. I exhaled. "Why?"

"Show meeee."

With some mutters in protest, I showed Minho, betraying he lay right next to me.

Thomas let out a girly scream. The phone dropped, yells followed, and at some point, his microphone went off and all I saw was the ceiling.

"Oh my gosh." I palmed my face in embarrassment. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay." He was laughing brightly. "At least they're happy."

A frown slowly grew on my face. "At least...? Aren't you... I don't know— happy?"

"Huh?" His face filled with worry. "Oh, no. I didn't mean it like that. I am happy. Happy right now." A pause. "Are you?"

"Yeah, I'm happy." I assured as I put the phone down, not paying attention to the fact Thomas was still on the other side with a muted microphone. An awkward, but nice laugh left my mouth. "Happy right now."

His laugh softened into a smile. "I'm glad."

I replaced lying on my back with my side, so I was face-to-face with Minho. "Yeah. I'm glad too."

His beautiful eyes stared into mine for a while, then they trailed down my face. My breathing got sucked away. Heart started to pound.

Deciding to make a move too, I leaned a little closer, trying not to stare at his lips, which looked very kissable, by the way.

His hand moved to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear, and when he did that, he kept his hand there, on the side of my face.

"Quinn?"

"Hm?" I was both breathless and speechless already.

"Can I—."

"HEY, LOVEBIRDS!"
Seemed like Thomas was done cheering.

I never hated him more, at that point.

Minho coughed, I cleared my throat and picked the phone up again. He rushed to get out of the bed as I sat straight up, my legs hanging over the edges. "Yes, Thomas?"

"Just wondering if y'all were still alive." He said. "It's our last day here. Newt just told me. We only went for three days! Why?"

"Because, Thomas." Minho exhaled deeply as he appeared on the screen. "This hotel is expensive as hell. I'm not paying five rooms for seven days."

"Ah, right." He seemed to understand... for once. "So what are we gonna do today?"

"I gotta pick some crap up and work. Have to drive out of Bern for that. So you decide what y'all go do, because I won't join. Sorry."

Thomas pulled a face the second Minho left to the bathroom. I shrugged, a poor smile on my face. "I'll meet you at breakfast."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"I can feel that something is gonna happen to us." Thomas stuffed his mouth full with food.

"Bad things always happen to us. Of course something's gonna happen." I muttered. "What, though?"

"I hope I slip and bump into Brad Pitt and he'll invite me to a celeb party and I accidentally spill a drink on Lady Gaga's dress so then I can clean it up for her."

I frowned. "That's... something. How about we just walk around the city today?"

"Perfect."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: Sorry this kind of sucks 😭

And I know the "almost-kiss" happens in literally every fanfic of mine, but yeah :)

Also also, I feel like maybe I'm ruining the portrait of Thomas and Minho their characters in this book. I mean, they're very lovely, but Thomas did definitely not have this personality in the Maze Runner movies/books, and Minho would honestly not be a very organized person... but yeah, it's still another universe, I guess! What do you think?

x Vera