6

After working out for an hour, Jungkook exits the building carrying his gym bag stopping in his path when he sees someone standing in front of his truck underneath the pouring rain. Ashley is wearing his varsity jacket with a short jean skirt, black tank top and a pair of black boots while leaning her backside against the hood of his truck.

"Ashley, hey. How'd you know I was here?" The attractive athlete stands in front of her, lifting both brows questionably.

Ashley scoffs with her arms crossed, pouting. "You weren't at home so I figured you were here." After blowing her off for a few days, he thought she would move on to another guy. Seeing her standing against his truck really caught him by surprise.

"Okay..." he trails off, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand. "So, what's up?"

"What have I done to you, Jungkook?" Ashley frowns at him, pushing her backside off the truck and then steps towards him.

Jungkook swallows, giving her a dumbfounded expression. "What are you talking about?"

"You haven't been returning my calls or messages. At school you just walk past me in the hallways like you're blind. It's obvious that you've been avoiding me!" She raises her voice just a little and then sighs deeply, trying to keep her emotions under control. Truth is, she doesn't want to run him off. Not right now when she's developing strong feelings for him. "I'm sorry for yelling. I—I just want to know what's going on? Did you meet someone else?"

Jungkook rubs a palm down his face and then sighs lowly. "I understand where you're coming from and the answer is no. I've been busy. My mind is all over the place right now. Believe me, it's not you, Ash. I have a lot going on."

She moves even closer, wrapping her arms around his neck while staring longingly into his dark eyes. "I would love to help you ease your mind. I've been craving for your touch for days now, JJ." He smirks at the nickname and then scoffs before their lips touched.

She pulls away from the short kiss giggling when he makes a silly remark. "Do I look like a JJ to you?"

"Oh stop it. It's a cute nickname for a cute guy." She kisses him again, rubbing a hand down the middle of his chest and then his crotch, saying seductively "My parents are out having dinner with their colleagues. How about you come over to my house, I order a pizza and then we get down to business afterwards, yeah?" Before anything could come out of Jungkook's mouth, his phone rings in one of his back pockets.

"One sec," he promises as he slides out the phone and then answers it after seeing who's trying to reach him at this hour. Ashley groans, rolling her eyes, stepping back with her hands on her hips. "What's up, Cameron?" He asks, holding the phone to his right ear with his tattooed arm. The team player on the line talks really fast. "Woah, slow down. Mia said what?" Ashley rolls her eyes when his ex's name rolls off his tongue. Jungkook continues talking on the phone. "No, I'm not with her right now. Where are you?" He pauses for a second to listen carefully. "Okay, I'm on my way!" Then hangs up the phone.

"What's going on?" Ashley stands to the side watching him toss the gym bag through the rolled down window, unlocks the door and then climbs in the truck.

"Hop in, Ash!"

Hurriedly, she climbs in the passenger seat drenched from head to toe. Jungkook starts the engine, shifts the gear with the headlights beaming then backs the vehicle out the parking spot, speeding away.

On the other side of town it's still raining outside as the lights in the hospital turns back on.

"Did you call Mia back?" Gwen panics on the bed.

Cameron slides his phone down in his pocket. "I did but she isn't answering." Then patters around the room searching for something.