chapter 16: there's this dream...

2022
Osaka, Japan
8th of November

"I want to go on that rollercoaster!" Ni-Ki points to the most obvious ride that can bee seen when they enter the theme park.

"Me too!" Sunoo's equally as ecstatic as the youngest. They both enjoy thrilling and adrenaline-filled rides, as opposed to Sunghoon, who prefers mellow ones.

"Sunghoon hyung definitely won't go on it," says Jungwon, and the three glance at him expectantly.

"You can go without me," Sunghoon's certain he won't miss out on anything.

He didn't come here to spoil their fun either. Truthfully, he wasn't really supposed to be here anyway. It was a last minute decision.

"I'll just walk around here with Do-Il hyung," Sunghoon looks at him. "Ni-Ki said they have lots of tasty snacks, maybe we can try some," he suggests and Do-Il gives him a thumbs up.

"I bet if Jake hyung was here, he would've convinced him," Ni-Ki raises an eyebrow, causing Sunghoon to panic for a second.

Why is he bringing Jake up all of a sudden?

"N-no, he wouldn't," Sunghoon mentally curses for stuttering, but collects himself quickly. "That rollercoaster's way too high for me," it would be difficult for anyone to persuade him.

"But it's totally safe, hyung! You can try it at least once," in insistence, Jungwon grabs his arm and attempts to drag him, but Sunghoon won't budge.

"One of us will have to sit alone if you don't come," Ni-Ki pouts, but Sunghoon knows what game he's playing and he won't fall for it.

"Blackmailing me with that face won't work," he stands his ground unwaveringly.

"Yeah, cause I'm not —"

"That's enough, Ni-Ki!" Sunoo promptly covers Ni-Ki's mouth before he's finished speaking and grins. "We should go. I'm already seeing a big line and we don't have all day," he pushes the the youngest to walk forward.

"We'll take you on a more kid friendly ride later," Jungwon smiles at Sunghoon before he trails after the two with the other manager.

Left alone, Sunghoon and Do-Il begin to walk through Hollywood, the first area of Universal Studios, a theme park they're currently at.
They've been in Japan for more than a week now, for the continuation of their Manifesto tour. So far, they've performed two concerts in Nagoya and went to Tokyo for other planned schedules. Last night, they've arrived in Osaka, where they're set to perform another two nights in a row, starting tomorrow.

This morning, they had rehearsals at the arena and then they had the rest of the day free. They all went back to the hotel, and Sunghoon along with his roommate, Jake, took a nap. By the time Sunghoon woke up, Jake was already gone. A few days ago, he planned to go to the Cup Noodle Museum with Heeseung, since they both love ramen, and they won't be able to go to the actual Ramen Museum in Kanagawa next week, due to time constraints.

Sunghoon could've remained and relaxed at hotel all day, like Jay intended (besides wanting to learn a new song on his guitar), but he remembered Ni-Ki mentioning all the delicious food he ate when he was younger and came to this park. He contemplated if all the moving around is really worth it, and at the last moment, he invited himself.