chapter 12: june's for fishing and love songs

Two weeks prior to the release of Manifesto: Day 1, and the start of its promotions, the seven boys find themselves in Danyang. A small city in the Chungcheong province, Danyang is a nature oasis with its beautiful rivers and mountain scenery. It's a three day trip over the weekend, organized by the company, and it's meant to be a relaxing vacation, but it's still being filmed for a special segment of their variety content. Jake doesn't mind it though, because this time, they're pretty much free to do anything they want, and the staff has also taken into account some fun activities they'd want to try. They're going to ride ATV's and go paragliding on the second day, and Jake's very pumped up about it, especially for the paragliding. He's up and ready for the exhilarating experience lying ahead.

They've made it to the accommodation after arriving in the city by train earlier in the day, going to the market to do some food shopping, and stopping to eat lunch at a restaurant.
Jake stops in the living room downstairs, alongside most of the members, while Ni-Ki does a quick scan of the upper floor, and returns with fishing gear. The river that flows along the road in front of their house is a perfect fishing spot, Jake looked it up before coming here, so he plans to go fishing with Ni-Ki, Jungwon and Sunghoon. It's a hobby he shares with Ni-Ki and Heeseung, but he convinced Sunghoon to try it, and Jungwon also expressed his interest in it.

"Heeseung hyung fell asleep already," Jungwon chuckles, seeing the older lied down on the couch, an arm covering his eyes. It seems he won't be joining them right now.

"How do you take the line out?" Sunghoon glances at Jake, who's preparing his own fishing rod.

"I'll do it for you in a sec," Jake manages to attach the bait, and shows Sunghoon how to do it. He also helps Jungwon, meanwhile Ni-Ki grabs some of the stuff they need, more bait and their waterproof overalls.

"Have fun!" Sunoo smiles before walking outside with a book in his hands, to look for a quiet place to read.

"You better catch a lot of fish," Jay says and Jake hopes so, too, since he'd like to eat fresh fish for dinner.

After they're all set, fishing equipment and water-resistant boots in hand, they head out to the river.

"We're going to get a ton of mosquito bites," Sunghoon groans, while he puts on his boots. Jake forgot about that small detail.

"I brought repellent," Jungwon tosses it to him, and the rest spray some on themselves as well.

"We should choose different spots, that way there's a bigger chance of catching more fish," Jake says as he takes the lead in going in first.

"We gotta go in the deep end," he takes a look at the surroundings.

"If we trip, it's going to be good content," Ni-Ki quips, and the camera man chuckles.

"I don't think I can go any further," Jungwon's barely taken a few steps in when Jake hears him, but he continues to go further.

He inspects the area, and returns a bit closer to the shore. "I think there are fish over there," he meets with Sunghoon and Ni-Ki, but there's not sight of Jungwon.

"Where's Jungwon?"

"He left," Sunghoon replies as he takes careful steps not to fall.

"Why?"

"He said something about his boots, but I didn't hear what," Ni-Ki answers, and Jake nods, even though the reason's unclear .

"Ok, let's split up — wait, where's your waterproof overalls?" Jake raises an eyebrow at Sunghoon, who's only wearing the boots over his pants.

"I don't have any," Sunghoon shrugs his shoulders.

"You could've taken Heeseung hyung's pair," Jake informs him, since the water isn't that warm.