🩷 || COME TO BED

Summary: You try and get Brian to come to bed
Word Count: 786
Warnings: female!reader, fluff

Summary: You try and get Brian to come to bed Word Count: 786Warnings: female!reader, fluff

It was late out. The sun had set hours ago, darkness had crept in and yet still the other side of your bed still remained empty. You knew Brian was on the other side of the door, most likely brooding over Molly's business, much like he'd done all day. You knew he was stressed, that all this business with Game Day and Arthur was getting to him, which is why you wished he'd simply take some time to himself, before he worked himself sick.

He'd been running on empty for days now, between Molly's and work, you were surprised he was even able to function. You'd tried your best to make him slow down but it was no use, he could be stubborn at times, but then again, so could you, which is why you wouldn't be returning to your bed without him.

You slid from the warmth of your covers, grabbing one of Brian's t-shirts from the dresser and slipping it over your body before you opened the bedroom door, stepping carefully over the dog toy that lay directly in front of it. The last thing you wanted was to wake the dog by squeaking his favourite bear, then no one would ever get to sleep.

Your feet patted softly against the cold ground, sending goosebumps shooting up your legs as they carried you further into the living room, where you could see the faint silhouette of Brian, barely lit up by the dull lamp next to him. He had his back to you but you could tell he had his thinking face on, simply by the way his shoulders sat and his arm was bent, no doubt scratching at his chin.

You didn't need to see the coffee table to know it was covered in papers, all of which had scribbles of Brian's semi-messy handwriting on them, making notes about what they could do to help gather more profits. Enough to pay off that sleazy fourth partner who'd weaselled his way in... You never would forget the day you first met Arthur, the day Molly's had officially been signed over to Brian, Herrmann and Gabby. And you technically, since you were married, but you didn't want to be involved in all that, something Brian knew and respected. He was also kind of glad as then you didn't have to deal with Arthur either.

You sighed softly, moving closer to him where you could soon hear his faint mumbles, barely whispers but they were enough to make your stomach flutter, something that still happened after a year of marriage. You stepped up behind the couch, sliding your arms around his neck, feeling his shoulders loosen beneath you as you gently kissed the side of his head.

"Baby, it's late. Come to bed." You whispered, leaning your chin on your arm as you glanced down at the papers before back at him, his brow so furrowed you were surprised it hadn't frozen that way.

"I will... Soon." He said, the shuffling of papers following closely behind as he flicked through Molly's receipts, most of which came from Cruz and Mouch.

"Brian." You said a little louder, leaning over him to take the papers from his hands, which he allowed as he was too tired to resist. You threw them aside, lacing your hand with his as you straightened, tugging him gently upwards which got him to his feet. You walked with him down to the end of the sofa, having to practically drag him until the two of you met, his face falling against your shoulder the second your bodies touched.

"You're exhausted, baby. You need to sleep." You said soothingly, stroking the back of his head and feeling the soft curls beneath your palm. "Come on... Let's go to bed."

"Okay." He mumbled, allowing you to lead him slowly towards the bedroom, his feet dragging beneath him and his eyes heavy. That was a lot easier than you thought it would be. Guess he really was as exhausted as he looked.

You basically had to undress him as he was too tired to even move now that he'd become aware of how late it was and how little sleep he'd gotten lately. You climbed into the bed next to him, his arm wrapping lazily around you as you nuzzled up against him, feeling his body heat mix with yours as you rested your head atop his chest.

It didn't take more than a minute before his breathing shifted, telling you he was fast asleep already, something you couldn't feel more grateful for. You turned your head a touch, placing a soft, lingering kiss against his chest, right above his heart, before you whispered.

"Goodnight, Brian."