🩷 || PLAY PRETEND - PT2

• Summary: You ask Otis to attend your family reunion with you on one condition... that he pretends to be your boyfriend
• Word Count: 4014
• Warnings: female!reader, sexual tension

 that he pretends to be your boyfriend• Word Count: 4014• Warnings: female!reader, sexual tension

Stepping into your childhood home felt like a challenge. A rather hard challenge. One you might not have been able to complete had you not had Otis by your side. He offered you a sense of comfort. Offered you the strength you needed to step through those doors where once inside you'd probably have to go and find your parents to tell them you'd arrived.

You weren't looking forward to seeing your mother, not when you knew she'd had some sort of underlining insult to fire your way.

"Miss Y/L/N, how wonderful to see you again." Your parents' housekeeper, Maria, greeted you as you walked in the door. She, along with the rest of the staff, were one of the main reasons you actually visited from time to time as they'd been there to see you grow up. Hell, they'd practically raised you most of the time.

"Maria, how many times must I ask you to call me Y/N?" You said with a smile, one which Maria mirrored as she stepped towards you and took your hands in hers.

"Y/N. Look at you... So beautiful." She said softly, gently brushing your hair from your face before pulling you in for a hug. Your first hug of the day but certainly not your last.

"It's really good to see you, Maria." You whispered, burying your face briefly into the crook of her neck before you pulled away. She always was so good to you. So kind and so caring. And more of a mother to you than yours was.

"And who is this handsome young man?" Maria asked as you came to settle next to Otis again, who couldn't help but blush a little over being called handsome. No one ever called him handsome.

"This is my boyfriend, Brian." You replied, your tone softening as you linked your arm with his, bending your elbow so your hand could sit atop his bicep. You felt him tense a little beneath your touch and you just assumed he was beginning to get nervous over the start of your make believe, but in reality he was just nervous over the fact that you had actually called him your boyfriend, without the word pretend in front of it.

Oh and because you were touching him and that you were close enough to him that he could smell your shampoo... This was going to be a long night, in more ways than one.

"Brian." Maria smiled, glancing him up and down before nodding subtly, as though approving of him. She held out her hand, clasping it with Otis's before her other landed atop them. "You're a lucky man, Brian. Y/N here is one in a million."

"That she is." Otis replied, not even having to act given that he agreed with Maria completely. He glanced towards you as his hand fell back to his side, watching how you tried to hide the blush on your face by looking away from him, but it didn't work. He could still see the tip of your ears that were red enough that they'd match the bowtie he had in his bag.