🩷 || MORNING AFTER

• Summary: You wake up next to Brian for the first time
• Word Count: 639
• Warnings: female!reader, fluff

• Summary: You wake up next to Brian for the first time • Word Count: 639• Warnings: female!reader, fluff

Over the years you'd grown used to waking up alone. To feeling the other side of your bed empty as you sprawled out in the early morning sun for a couple extra minutes of sleep. You enjoyed it. You hated having people in your space, having them rub their cold feel over yours or steal the blanket away from you.

It's not like you hadn't had the choice to wake up with someone. Hadn't had the choice to bring some guy who'd tried to pick you up at the bar, as you had. You'd had plenty of opportunity to indulge yourself in pleasure, but each time you quickly found yourself telling those who were brave enough to flirt with you, to get lost.

There was only one man you had your eye on. One man you wanted to wake up next to after a heavenly night together. And lucky for you, this morning was the one on which you got to wake up in the arms of fellow firefighter, Otis. Or as you'd been calling him all night, Brian.

The sun shone faintly through your curtains as you stirred awake, feeling the presence of Brian next to you and his arm slung lazily over your stomach. You couldn't stop yourself from smiling as the memories of last night, a night that was a long time coming, played happily in your mind.

You had no idea what you'd expected from Brian given his inexperience with women, but it's safe to say you were very pleasantly surprised at just how much of an expert he was at giving you what you wanted. His gentle touch. His flattering words. Not to mention the way he kept checking to make sure you were comfortable and that you still wanted to go through with it.

Every single part of last night had been so perfect you half expected to wake up and have the whole thing be a dream. But it wasn't. It had happened. The two of you had finally happened after months of flirting, and the only regret you had was that you hadn't done it sooner.

"Thinking of me?" Brian's gruff, sleepy voice whispered into your ear as he closed the gap between your still naked bodies, nuzzling his face into the nape of your neck as his hold on you tightened.

"Would you believe me if I said no?" You teased, glancing back at him and seeing that he was still half asleep.

"No." He exhaled, making you chuckle softly as you leaned as far back as you could, your lips brushing lightly across his jawline as it was the only part of him you could reach. Your fingers laced with his, bringing his hand up to your mouth so you could place gentle kisses against his knuckles.

"You're all I think about." You whispered, catching how his eyes opened fully and he dipped his head, kissing you softly on the curve of your neck, the one place he knew you were most sensitive in which sent a wave of goosebumps spreading out across your skin.

You shuffled in his arms, coming face to face with the man you'd been madly in love with for months now and had only plucked up the courage to ask out last night. Your hand went to his face, gently cupping it as you ran your thumb down the edge of his moustache.

Brian smiled at you, a small smile given that he was still tired, but still, was a smile nonetheless. One that was capable of warming your heart more than you'd ever felt before. His thumb traced circles on your lower back where he held you, his legs tangled with yours as he leaned forwards, pressing a soft, yet fiery, kiss against your forehead.

"Y/N, you're all I ever think about too."