family reunion

"Soppi, we will never have a great record if you don't put food in my mouth," the young woman snorted, watching how she had to catch another sandwich with her hand so that it wouldn't fall to the ground.

"What if I do it with the rubber band? Come on, just once," he smiled, bringing both hands together as a sign of supplication.

"Yuck, of course not. Who knows how many places you put that dirty rubber band in?" she denied quickly, disgusted.

"Hey, stop playing with your food," Nami warned them.

"Understood, navigator!" Cassidy made a military pose, causing the orange-haired girl to laugh.

Just as Nami left the kitchen, Usopp walked over to one of the shelves and grabbed a large jar full of popcorn.

"I want!" she smiled, taking a handful of popcorn and then putting it in her mouth.
"Mismfjdshas."

"Of course, I totally agree," Usopp agreed, clearly confused by the words said by his friend.

━♡

Cassidy was chatting animatedly with Nami, while they looked through a few necklaces that Kaya had given to the brunette before she left the island. Zoro was lying next to them, trying to sleep, while the captain was talking excitedly about a topic that no one was paying attention to.

"Guys, check it out!" Usopp appeared with a smile and a type of dark tablecloth in his hand.
"Using my incomparable artistic talent, I made us a new jolly roger for the ship," the shooter smiled.

The three on the bench watching as he opened it up, handing it to Luffy to hold and singing out a ta-da. Nami lowered her gaze, while Cassidy and Zoro smirked.

"I know. I know. My flair for design often leaves people speechless," Luffy rolled the flag back up and handing it to Usopp.

"I already drew our flag."

"Okay, but this one is so much better," Usopp argued while he laughed.

"Neither of the flags are gonna scare anyone away." Zoro said bluntly.

"Okay, but the jolly roger is suppose to reflect the captain," the sniper said, placing the flag over his shoulders, like a cape.

"Which is clearly not yours," Cassidy muttered, receiving a short laugh from Zoro.

"I am the captain." Luffy made clear. "We are the straw hat crew."

"They call me captain Usopp."

"I am the captain. Me, captain. Captain, me."

"The captain is the one that gets the ship."

The discussion was interrupted by Nami's loud laughter, one so contagious that it generated laughter from the archer and the swordsman.

"How stupid," Zoro expressed with a tiny smile.

"Okay," Usopp surrendered, laughing too.

"Do you see? This is what being a pirate is all about," the captain mentioned with a big smile, patting Usopp's shoulder.
"And from now on, it's all gonna be smooth sailing."

But a loud roar that managed to rock the ship interrupted them completely. Usopp hugged Luffy.

"W-What was that?" he spoke tremblingly.

"You had to open your mouth," Nami snorted, standing up, walking past the captain as everyone made their way to the deck of the ship.

"Marines. we're under attack!" Nami spoke with wide eyes.