an indirect kiss

Cassidy finished eating her sandwich and sat right in front of Zoro's sword, watching it with a half smile.

"Do you miss him already?" Sanji asked, breaking into her thoughts.

"A little," she shrugged, letting out a soft sigh.

"Didn't it happen to you that you got so used to company that you can no longer be alone?" she looked at him.

"The truth is, no, most people walk away and don't give me time to get attached," Sanji laughed.

"Is that bad or good?" Cassidy smiled, still confused by the cook's laughter.

"For me, both," he shrugged.
"Would you like something else to eat?"

The cook lit a cigarette and put it in his mouth.

"No, thank you, curlies," she thanked, getting up from her seat.

"Curlies?" he repeated with some confusion.

"Aha, curls. Because of your blonde hair, it's shiny like gold," she smiled, touching Sanji's blonde locks delicately.

The cook imitated her action and brushed a lock of her brown hair from her face, giving her a sweet smile.

It's beautiful, the blonde thought.

"Thank you," the archer laughed, lowering her gaze, in an attempt to hide her red cheeks from the compliment.

"Did I say it or did I think it?" he murmured with some grace, without removing her hand from Cassidy's hair.

"Mm, I think you said it, little curls," they both laughed, and then remained silent, while they stared at each other.

"Can I ask you something?" she brought him out of his little trance.

Sanji nodded, clearing his throat.

"Why do you smoke?" she asked, somewhat confused, although at one point she did it too.

"Out of anxiety, I guess. It calms me down in a way. The cigarette is like an appointment with the psychologist, for me," they both let out another small laugh.

"I used to smoke when I was fourteen and it was. . . the worst decision I ever made," she sighed.
"They told me the same words, that it would help me control my anxiety. After my mom left me, I had a lot of attacks, but Usopp was a great friend and I was able to recover."

Cassidy looked at Sanji's lips and brought her fingers to his lips, gently taking the cigarette from him. In a quick movement, the brunette put the cigarette in her mouth, inhaling the smoke from it.

Sanji gawked at her, carefully watching every movement she made. He smiled a little as Cassidy coughed and released the smoke held in her mouth.

"I think I already understood why I stopped doing it," she exclaimed mockingly, returning the cigarette to the cook.

He laughed and put it between his lips again.

An indirect kiss.

Sanji got lost in her blue eyes again like the rest of the week. He watched them with a smile and slowly brought his hand closer to Cassidy's cheek, making her look at him. He caressed her face with his knuckles delicately.

"Cass, you are simply beautiful,every part of you has its beauty, but your eyes. . . your eyes are the most beautiful thing I witnessed in the eastern sea."

She felt like a silly teenager in love, as she looked at the blonde adoringly, inspecting his face, taking her time and willing to respond to his beautiful words.